Dr Strange Main Event Rank vs. Sub-Event Rank

bbigler
bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
For some strange reason, my rank in the main event is #237, but my rank in the sub-event is #46? Usually, these numbers match until the 2nd sub-event starts. Anyone else seeing this same issue?

Comments

• pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's an issue where alliance members entered a different door than you. Apparently if you want top sub alliance rewards, you need to have all your alliance members enter the same door on the same day.
  • Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    bbigler wrote:
    For some strange reason, my rank in the main event is #237, but my rank in the sub-event is #46? Usually, these numbers match until the 2nd sub-event starts. Anyone else seeing this same issue?
    I assumed it was counting all the people doing all 3 doors in the main sub, while the door placment is against only those in your bracket that choose that one specially. So other people in other doors are clearing ahead of you causing the 237 rank, only 45 of them are in your sub currently.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    bbigler wrote:
    I assumed it was counting all the people doing all 3 doors in the main sub, while the door placment is against only those in your bracket that choose that one specially. So other people in other doors are clearing ahead of you causing the 237 rank, only 45 of them are in your sub currently.

If the subevents give different amounts of points, then it would make sense, meaning that the door/subevent I choose gives fewer points than others, so in the end it should all even out. Keep in mind that both rankings are out of 1000 people. There's not more people I'm ranked against in the main event vs subevent.
  • Square-Chopper
    Square-Chopper Posts: 54 Match Maker
    The subs seem to give the same amount of points. Yesterday after my initial clear, I was ranked 1 in sub but 2 in main, behind someone who wasn't in my sub, but we both had the same number of points.

This has to mean that the points in each sub scale up by day regardless of which door you choose.
  • Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    bbigler wrote:
    bbigler wrote:

If the subevents give different amounts of points, then it would make sense, meaning that the door/subevent I choose gives fewer points than others, so in the end it should all even out. Keep in mind that both rankings are out of 1000 people. There's not more people I'm ranked against in the main event vs subevent.

I'm not following you.

You're ranked 237 because 236 people finished their sub before you did yours, regardless of which node you chose. Your sub rank is 46 because 45 people inside your sub either finished ahead of you or hit nodes beyond the initial 4. All subs have the same relative point value each day.

More than likely you finished inside the same time frame as a bunch of other people and due to no display for tie breakers you just assume a number position that would otherwise show like a golf tournament ranking. It shows 237, but in reality you're tied for a position higher with others.