Orb of Agamotto Nova Essential

Options
dokiy
dokiy Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Fisk with two Dons. Don's generate yellow, black, and turn out TONS of countdown tiles. Sure makes it easy for Fisk to finger-poke a countdown tile every two turns.

Why D3? Why do you do this EVERY PVE?

Comments

• Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I was getting poked on the second or third turn of the match quite frequently. and then, almost every turn thereafter, depending on if the AI decided to have the Dons spend the AP.

this is not hyperbole, this is legitimately how it went down.

I hate goon feeder nodes. it's an absolute travesty in this game.
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The Book of the Vishanti Nova essential isn't any more fun. Doom with feeders = spams his blue and black constantly. The only respite is that Doombots have tiny health pools compared to Dons.
  • Deimos12
    Deimos12 Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Not sure what your scaling is like but 3* IM and Cap got the job done for me.
    Do a R/Y boost and a +1 to all, one yellow match for recharge, then use caps blue and red to beat down Kingpin.
    Again depending on your scaling it might not be viable but I would guess there is a better alternative in your roster if you have higher scaling.

Even with this....that node still sucks
  • dokiy
    dokiy Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Deimos12 wrote:
    Not sure what your scaling is like but 3* IM and Cap got the job done for me.
    Do a R/Y boost and a +1 to all, one yellow match for recharge, then use caps blue and red to beat down Kingpin.
    Again depending on your scaling it might not be viable but I would guess there is a better alternative in your roster if you have higher scaling.

Even with this....that node still sucks

Level 229 after 2 clears. All 3 have over 10K health.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I will admit I was concerned about this node but my championed OML made this node fairly easy. Fisk's black did not do so much damage that OML could not heal and Nova is a beast when you can keep sending OML airborn.

I true healer is defiantly needed for this node
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bring stuns. Two blue matches can set up iceman or spiderman to stun Fisk and hopefully make the Dons spend the AP instead.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Haven't done this one yet, but I'll probably go OML/Nova/Xpool. Let that finger fly!
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wymtime wrote:
    I will admit I was concerned about this node but my championed OML made this node fairly easy. Fisk's black did not do so much damage that OML could not heal and Nova is a beast when you can keep sending OML airborn.

I mean not to be rude but saying that you countered a challenge with one of the strongest characters in game, champed isn't exactly repeatable advice...
  • kobu
    kobu Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I used Peggy and Cho and took out Kingpin first. Neither fully covered. Peggy's yellow delays him long enough for Cho to punch him out. Once Kingpin is gone, the bosses are at Cho's mercy. I can forget about clears 5+ though. Everything past the timer reset is pure crazy scaling and a waste of health packs.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sounds like having a champed Dr. Strange would be handy...
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Smudge wrote:
    The Book of the Vishanti Nova essential isn't any more fun. Doom with feeders = spams his blue and black constantly. The only respite is that Doombots have tiny health pools compared to Dons.

I used Cho and Kamala with my 1-cover Nova, and swept through four clears fairly easily. Cho's max green can clear out the Summon Demons pretty effectively.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    GurlBYE wrote:
    wymtime wrote:

I mean not to be rude but saying that you countered a challenge with one of the strongest characters in game, champed isn't exactly repeatable advice...

#humblebrag
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,304 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Star lord was my hero. Nova's red for 4 AP to keep juggling KP was fantastic.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    Options
    Having around $10,000 is handy as well. I could stop playing this game and buy myself a boat?
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    dsds wrote:
    Having around $10,000 is handy as well. I could stop playing this game and buy myself a boat?

KDN put up a video, only cost him like $2k. Seems like a deal to me... icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Omega Red
    Omega Red Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I beat it with Starlord and Iceman but if you don't have them then there's plenty of options.

IM 40 or Ragnarok and two star Storm, Captain Marvel (if she tanks over Nova) or Hulk and Kamala, the ever reliable Patch and Loki probably work as well; She Hulk, Elektra, Orginal Black Widow, Quake, Thing, Hood, I could go on!

Either you stun Kingpin or Hulk/Marvel bomb your way to victory. It's not that difficult is it?
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I found this node easy, (My roster isn't all that strong so it's only level 236 if I play a fifth time)
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    Options
    DaveR4470 wrote:
    Smudge wrote:

I used Cho and Kamala with my 1-cover Nova, and swept through four clears fairly easily. Cho's max green can clear out the Summon Demons pretty effectively.
    I'm not saying I had much trouble with it in the scheme of things, just that the essential nodes are no fun in particular for the other subs either. 4Thor/IM40 plus Nova powered through it just fine.
  • Mechahamster
    Mechahamster Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    There are plenty of teams that can beat this node, if you get lucky. Or, you get a board where all you're getting is solitary match 3's in an off colour for a few turns and suddenly the board is flooded with dozens of countdown tiles. It's definitely a 'get lucky before turn 5 or retreat' type node in 3 star.png land, and those are never fun.
  • spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I wonder if we get a gorgon or wolverine fed node in the ninja sub. Maybe d3 will be surprise us with a Elektra or daredevil and feeder node