Level for Clash Of Titans?

cubnad
cubnad Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I have a 3/2/5 Lvl 152 Cyclops, will this be adequate to do his clash this week or should I save iso and level him up some more?

Comments

• Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    All the older clashes can be found here viewtopic.php?f=6&t=37974 as far as yours is concerned the answer is probably.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    I find that covers are more important than levels and with only 3 in red it might be hard, but possible. According to the CotT guide, someone did it with a lvl 135 4/1/1 and your blue will cover more area and hit for more. A few more levels will never hurt though.
  • cubnad
    Thanks that guide is exactly what I was looking for. Think I'm going to save my ISO and wait and see if I can do it without levelling. Still building my 3*s
  • cubnad
    Completed it first try with R/Y +2, all +2, R/Y +50%
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    It took me three tries to get this one (Lvl 188, 4/3/2)
    Both of his other powers feed repulsor punch
    so basically one repulsor punch and your done (632/Red)
    I used a lot of Boosts
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    cubnad wrote:
    Thanks that guide is exactly what I was looking for. Think I'm going to save my ISO and wait and see if I can do it without levelling. Still building my 3*s

clops is a great matchup vs hb cause they use 2 of the same colour, so denying him and gaining ap is like 2 birds with 1 stone.

also, clops is a top tier 4*. not gonna tell you what to do with your roster, but dumping iso into him is not a waste at all. and more valuable to you in the short/long run than any 3*...
  • dudethtsawesome
    dudethtsawesome Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    I brought in 2 all ap boost, 2 blue/purple ap boosts, and 5 red/yellow damage boost. Denied black and went after the colorless tiles till I had 10 then just used cycs red to do a massive hit. It helps having 5 red but I remember doing it with just 3 during the last go round. Good luck.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    That guide is mega-indepth. Dang.

Most crashes are pretty doable in the 130-140 range. Some are wildly dependent on certain covers, though - Flaptain's goes from ludicrously hard with less than 5 red, to "lol one shot kill" at 5.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hulkbuster is no pushover though. Even with a champed 4Cyc, it took me 3 tries to win. Really bad boards and AI cascades did me in twice.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    cubnad wrote:
    I have a 3/2/5 Lvl 152 Cyclops, will this be adequate to do his clash this week or should I save iso and level him up some more?

more than adequate. that said don't expect the match to be a pushover. most people have lots of damge boost tus saved up. This is the time to use it. I boosted blue/pink and red/yellow damage
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 728 Critical Contributor
    Lvl 188, 2/3/4, took 5 attempts and with boosts. Used the hints in the thread provided and needed a good few match 5's and a favorable board. Pretty sure even on the attempt I won that HB was about to fire his red too so was 1 match away from losing.

That's my first ever Clash completed!! Finally got worthwhile 4* that I can even attempt it with.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    Punter1 wrote:
    Lvl 188, 2/3/4, took 5 attempts and with boosts. Used the hints in the thread provided and needed a good few match 5's and a favorable board. Pretty sure even on the attempt I won that HB was about to fire his red too so was 1 match away from losing.

That's my first ever Clash completed!! Finally got worthwhile 4* that I can even attempt it with.
    Yup one of the few times that I actually used the teamup ap boost. I had 30 sitting there not being used. Cyclopes is next week's boosted character so gonna use them all up next week!

Got a x23 red for beating hulkbuster. This makes the essential node for pve a little bit easier for me!
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    I did mine with a lvl 165 cyc at 5/2/3, brought in +2 R/Y and +2 all colors. Having his red at 5 is a huge help. Used 2 blue abilities and one yellow ability, knocked off 10 TU AP and crushed him with a red, then used another red without the 10 TU AP.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    cubnad wrote:

You should be able ti get it done at that level, but it may take several tries since you dont have a red nuke. Deny black and blue, use your blue deny red.

If you have trouble after 5 or 10 tries, then maybe pour some more iso in. But you should be fine at 150.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Another chance to plug my own guide: Index of low-level/low-cover Crash of the Titans victories.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    10 tries for me (but I also had several really bad boards), lvl. 161 at 3/5/4. If you throw some + AP boosts on and properly deny black while also matching red and blue first, you'll be able to do it. Once he gets a repulsor punch out though, at our general level we're one-hit killed.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    STOPTHIS wrote:
    I find that covers are more important than levels and with only 3 in red it might be hard, but possible. According to the CotT guide, someone did it with a lvl 135 4/1/1 and your blue will cover more area and hit for more. A few more levels will never hurt though.

That's my exact build. I was getting blasted earlier. Hm.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    I completed it with a 4/2/4 lvl 188 Cyclops today on my second attempt. Used +2 Red/Yellow AP, +50% Red/Yellow damage boost and +60% to all damage boost. I beat him with a few thousand health left, it isn't an easy fight - denying red is the most important. His yellow ability can be a huge key too for the big red damage.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Warbringa wrote:
    I completed it with a 4/2/4 lvl 188 Cyclops today on my second attempt. Used +2 Red/Yellow AP, +50% Red/Yellow damage boost and +60% to all damage boost. I beat him with a few thousand health left, it isn't an easy fight - denying red is the most important. His yellow ability can be a huge key too for the big red damage.

I mean true, but its also easier said then done considering his other two powers create red.

So deny blue black and red.
  • cardoor
    cardoor Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
    Do not do this if clops isn't fully covered and champed, but if he is champed there is no need to deny anything. I went full offense and HB was downed before he could poop his armor. I rarely use his yellow in teams, but even at 3 covers when solo his yellow is awesome 1v1.