Puzzle Warriors 3 episode 63

LFChikarason
LFChikarason Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
With Ray and Craig on vacation and with myself on as a guest, here's this week's episode:

https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/puzz ... 8_28-07_00

Comments

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Glad you got it up on Thursday. I know you were worried it might not be till Friday!! You are now a podcast master!!!
  • nyck1118
    nyck1118 Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    I know you were asking. 3 star Strange gives Nova
  • Storm of fire
    Storm of fire Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    edited November 2016
    Hey look, I'm using the forum because Disqus isn't being used. Usually I go by Chloe.
    (And I don't understand reddit's markup format, so there wasn't much contest unless you'd like 30 tweets @ the Puzzle Warriors account.)

I have gotten something like seven of Quicksilver in the past week. Both because he was a prog reward, but also my tokens just kept spitting him out. I had to sell his DDQ reward because I have a soft cap for my champed 3 star.png .
    So I really need to play some Sim. Mostly because I like to keep QS and SW at the same level. Because I am that kind of dork.

My Peggy's 2/0/1, so I tried twice and didn't try again. ProfX also failed, but I think that was more because of the bug to do with invisible characters rather than my utterly inability to win a crash.
    My Cyke? Maybe. He's 3/1/2 @ 131.

I pronounce it Kay-sil-ee-us. Or Seh-sil-ee-us depending.

MPQ is in a weird relationship with the canons. It's like the YA novels, where it borrows from the comics a lot, but it also leans pretty heavy on the MCU for aesthetic and which characters to feature. (A friend of mine pointed out when she was released that Peggy!Cap is based far more on Hayley Atwell's portrayal than the blonde Peggy that's in the comics.)
    ...I kind of hope that this Strange PvE will have 'expansion packs' in regards to subs. Kind of like how that Red ISO-8 event was reskinned with Peggy, but with some Young Avengers characters or a few of the ANAD Avengers crew. (Also, as I am late and thus on the 3rd day of the event I am underwhelmed with the ending of the event 'story'.)

I am 100% going to misread Flames of Faltine as Flames of Fantine and snicker to myself about it.

I like TAHulks alternate cover. I like the art style and it's cute.
    Hayley Atwell's face is pretty great. And Conviction is making not so subtle references to her former role as Peggy Carter. Not to mention copious amounts of gorgeous clothes. (It's also great AU fic/gif fodder if you like that kind of thing. Which I do.)

My Quake is in the poophouse. But I am really looking forward to getting her usable. And using her in the most infuriating team alongside Peggy and Kamala.

My vine is filled with 2 star.png Thor and Moonstone because they're entering my 2 star.png recycling chain, plus a Moonknight and 3 star.png Strange. Who won't be an issue to roster, since I just sold off Devil Dino, but I'm not opening that Sanctum token just yet.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Since you guys started off topic, guess I will too.

My Halloween was great. Went to a party as Nick Fury for the 2nd half of the night. For the first half, my wife and I stood on our front porch wearing bloody aprons. I had an old stove set up on the porch as well. ( It was an old one that I had stripped down to just the sides, top and door. The back and insides was completely removed. It was just a prop. I repeat, it was just a prop. ).

Whenever someone came up, I would say "Stick around for minute kids. We're cooking up a special Halloween treat."

At this point my 9 year old nephew, who was hiding inside the oven, would open the door, lean out, and say "Uncle JJ, it's getting hot in here. Can I come out now?" My wife would then bang a spoon on the top and say "No! Get back in there. You're not done yet." This resulted in someone calling the police on me. When they arrived, it was luckily an officer I'd worked with on several occasions. So I explained, showed him it was a prop oven, we had a good laugh, he stole a hand full of candy, then left.

I posted this in Line, and someone from my alliance group gave me a response to use. Few minutes later, a woman came up to my porch and said, "Did I just a kid in that oven? Let him out, NOW, or I'm calling the cops." Taking the suggestion from Line, I replied, "I can't let him out. He's still pink in the middle." That only made it worse.

I post this story with a suggestion that others try this next year. It was so much fun. I was laughing so hard at one point, I couldn't breathe. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

For the trunk or treat alternative, where I'm from, it's done mainly for safety. Close to a big city with a lot a crime, it is a truly messed up world we live in. And yeah, the clowns. No one likes clowns.

Quake at 3/5/5 goes really great with Patch. Use her blue to take out the purple tiles from the board just before casting Patch's green ability. Not as effective as using Loki with Patch, but she is not as squishy.
  • shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker

r...

Danger congrats on winning the story contest! You have to tell us what you chose for your rewards!
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards

r...

Danger congrats on winning the story contest! You have to tell us what you chose for your rewards!

Thanks. Chose a Green Black Bolt. And I know that my story, plus my post above might give the impression I like cooking people, but I do not. Course, that's mostly from lack of time than desire. Do you have any idea the amount of time it takes to properly cook long pig? icon_twisted.gif It's ridiculous. icon_twisted.gif