Kaecillius Boss Fight

sinnerjfl
sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
Facing him at 427...

This is not really fun. His base damage is way too high and when you add in his super strong strike tiles, he's doing thousands of damage every turn while you're haplessly trying to match strike tiles.

Lower his base match-damage or the strike tiles from the purple because he's way too strong now.

And he scales to your roster of course which is a huge disadvantage since the only thing that matters is matching strike tiles.

Comments

• The problem I had is he doesn't create any strike tiles until about 6 turns in. By the time he set 2 tiles, he also had enough colors or something to unleash his "Galactus" like power that wiped the whole team. He's just a ridiculous boss, with no real way to fight him. Only thing I can think of is using IW, ProfX, and MAYBE Elektra. Invisibility tiles and E's protection tiles just may buy time to beat him. I've not tested it, but as long as the invisibility tiles work correctly, not like today's DPD mess, it could be effective.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, I don't understand why he scales, since none of your users can damage him.
  • Lampo
    Lampo Posts: 121 Tile Toppler
    Guys, use Wolverine Patch (or similar) to create strike tiles for him icon_e_wink.gif
    (this means obviously more damage towards you, but at least you have more sources to kill him)
  • It's totally ridiculous. Even when you make strike tiles for him it's too late. Invisibility doesn't work and you can't do enough damage to take him out. Plus, all the fun things that seem to work against you (like Elektra's ballet of death wiping out Prof X) don't work on him at all.

Here's my suggestion: take the guy who came up with the boss rush event and the guy who came up with the strange event on a nice vacation ... someplace exotic like Majorca. Then, while the airplane is cruising at 35k feet, open the door and throw them out of the plane. Then, when you get back to work, hire back the guys who used to design fun events and double their salary because they deserve it.

Making unplayable events is stupid. Who ever thought that this was actually a good idea?
  • Pogo
    Pogo Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
    I appreciate that they are adding new/different battle concepts.

This execution is demonstrably flawed.

Hopefully they make adjustments so that future iterations of this battle are more balanced.

Hopefully they will continue exploring/developing additional battle concepts in this same spirit.
  • I finally beat it with an unlikely combo: Elektra, Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch. it's still a completely unbalanced fight. They need to fix the power description, too. You only do the damage once per match, regardless of the number of swords involved. It's completely loaded in favor of Kaecilius.
  • Patch, Quicksilver and Kamala Khan worked great for me. Even got out with decent health thanks to KK's healing. Boosted black just in case but it was pretty easy in the end.
  • After my response to this post about using ProfX, IW, and Elektra, I tried it and won rather easily. Elektra took the hits and died, but I at least beat that
    fool. Now, his power attacks my invisible people, shadow step and ballet did no damage, and his swords don't appear until he's got enough power to unleash the beast move. Most frustrating was when I used Prof's invisibility, then had enough yellow for IW's, tapped to use her power and she made Prof invisible............again. That should be fixed for future use. If a character is ALREADY INVISIBLE they cannot be targeted for that power. Geez!
    For a single CP this battle isn't worth the frustration or effort. I'll just collect from the different parts and be more peaceful.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    sybercide wrote:
    After my response to this post about using ProfX, IW, and Elektra, I tried it and won rather easily. Elektra took the hits and died, but I at least beat that
    fool. Now, his power attacks my invisible people, shadow step and ballet did no damage, and his swords don't appear until he's got enough power to unleash the beast move. Most frustrating was when I used Prof's invisibility, then had enough yellow for IW's, tapped to use her power and she made Prof invisible............again. That should be fixed for future use. If a character is ALREADY INVISIBLE they cannot be targeted for that power. Geez!
    For a single CP this battle isn't worth the frustration or effort. I'll just collect from the different parts and be more peaceful.

IW's invisibility will always make an invisibility tile targeting the member of your team with the lowest health,
    that's working as intended even if it's not super beneficial all the time.

Btw, I can beat the boss, the thread is not about that. Its just not a fun or fair fight. At least tone down the scaling, its really bad when
    he goes above 400 and just punishes you for having a strong roster. Well, that last part is par for the course I guess.
  • Rock2000
    Rock2000 Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    What a ridiculous design. I can't imagine this was dreamed up by anyone who's ever played a game that has cheated. How did this get past any sort of review though? I got lucky yesterday to beat him, but the only fun I had with him today was trying to get every member of my team killed, which was amusing. All the while watching him relentlessly getting match after match after match from 'random' drops, almost every battle. If I weren't laughing at how absurd it was I would have thrown the system out the window. You can get lucky, and some strategies give you a better luck chance, but that's all this amounts to. Not fun in any way except trying to lose.
  • illusionist_KA
    illusionist_KA Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    Lampo wrote:
    Guys, use Wolverine Patch (or similar) to create strike tiles for him icon_e_wink.gif
    (this means obviously more damage towards you, but at least you have more sources to kill him)

As Lampo stated. I used Patch, Scarlet and Red Hulk. have not lost since day 1. First try on the other 2 day events. I totally forgot my patch was at 3/5/5 in the beginning. Once i switched him to 5/3/5, things went very well. Elektra and Quiksilver has worked well for others also.
  • Lampo
    Lampo Posts: 121 Tile Toppler
    The only not so good thing was that... there was no real ending.
    Even after the third fight it was like "I will come back with more artifacts..."
    No, you have all 3 of them: kill him once and forever!
  • nickaraxnos
    nickaraxnos Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Obviously whoever designed it, doesnt play the game. No fun at all facing this boss.

The nice thing about the game is that we collect marvel heroes so that we can use their powers.

So why to have a fight without the heroes be able to use their unique skills?

You ve managed to cancel your own gaming idea.