Character Fixes Arriving in R113

David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi everyone,

We'll have the R113 Patch Notes preview up soon, but we wanted to provide up a heads-up that some character issues introduced in R112 will be fixed in the next update. Here's a preview for the preview:
    • Deadpool (It's Me, Deadpool!)'s Life of the Party power now correctly activates when an ally takes the appropriate amount of damage. • Deadpool (It's Me, Deadpool!)'s WHALES! WHALES! WHALES! power secondary function, when you spend Deadpool Points to drop every whale on the team, now works correctly. • The Thing (Classic)'s Rock Solid power now correctly activates when an ally takes the appropriate amount of damage. • Quake (Daisy Johnson)'s power Coordinate Tactics now only reduces team damage. • Powers that target single opponents will no longer affect invisible characters.

Thank you.

Comments

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for the update and heads up. If you talk to the Devs let them know they don't have to fix quake till R114 as an olive branch for all the other bugs in the game. We won't mind.
  • Deimos12
    Deimos12 Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    David while you're here any chance we could get an update or some info on the extremely high threshold for top progression in Enemy of the State?
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    So, wut new powers will be bugged due to these bugfixes? icon_e_smile.gif
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    turul wrote:
    Next bug will be Mr F his black will fire at 3x the damage and will turn into AOE damage making him the best 4* in the game for a week! Then they will fix him in a daily patch right after people dump massive ISO into him.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime wrote:
    turul wrote:
    Next bug will be Mr F his black will fire at 3x the damage and will turn into AOE damage making him the best 4* in the game for a week! Then they will fix him in a daily patch right after people dump massive ISO into him.

I'm getting a Mr F cover in daily resupply so he's my next champ target anyway. I'd like this new bug to happen for sure!
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]• Powers that target single opponents will no longer affect invisible characters.

Does this mean that Elektra shouldn't have been kicking my invisible Prof X's behind with her trap tiles? I'm not sure I've had an invisible/trap interaction before, but I was certainly disappointed.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Spiritclaw wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]• Powers that target single opponents will no longer affect invisible characters.

Does this mean that Elektra shouldn't have been kicking my invisible Prof X's behind with her trap tiles? I'm not sure I've had an invisible/trap interaction before, but I was certainly disappointed.

No, she really, really shouldn't have been. Invisible characters are only meant to be damaged by AoE attacks, of which Elektra has none.
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw wrote:
    "David wrote:

No, she really, really shouldn't have been. Invisible characters are only meant to be damaged by AoE attacks, of which Elektra has none.

That would have made the difference between a win and a loss. I don't suppose there's any chance we can get these fixes while Prof's crash is still running?
  • Insert25c
    Insert25c Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Sadly they just plan to run it again afterwards. No news on if this replaces the regularly scheduled CoT
  • Dark Nova
    Dark Nova Posts: 56 Match Maker
    I've enjoyed using Quake in her 'enhanced' mode (a character is only "broken" when they become worse), but I couldn't figure out if was an issue with her abilities or with the entire AoE damage system in the game, because it felt as though ALL damage caused by abilities (i.e. excluding normal match-3 damage) was being seen as team damage even if it wasn't. That would explain why Deadpool and Thing didn't step in front and why invisibility tiles became almost useless. Oh well, what the Hand Of Bug giveth, the Hand of Fix will surely taketh away 2 weeks later! icon_e_biggrin.gif

[Don't worry, Quake, we still love you anyway...!] icon_cool.gif

Still no news on Elektra, though? Her Shadow Step (another Hand of Fix victim) is still only doing damage at the end of each turn. The BANNER appears in the right place when each trap tile gets used, but the hit points are only deducted from the opponent in a lump sum later on. I had a match recently where Elektra was the last team member standing and was downed by a cascade, only to have her Shadow Step points kick in at the end and wipe out the opposing team to make the Victory banner appear! Kinda satisying, but I'd rather it worked properly.
  • tph_james
    tph_james Posts: 197 Tile Toppler
    So no compensation or restoration of my deadpool points? I wasted 84000 deadpool points before knowing it as a bug... Not to mention I lost those matches also..
  • Coubii
    Coubii Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Great News !

Any update on blackflag.pngicon_blade.png 3 star.png power ?
    It still broken, not stealing AP to goons.
  • 11rileyj
    11rileyj Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    I too lost about 3 rounds of Whales and lost the match that would have gotten top progression in the SHIELD simulator. Naturally I'm now back down around 1500.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Okay, you're re-running the Professor X DDQ fight. That doesn't compensate people who would have been able to get a Legendary Token this week and next, and now are missing out on one of those two.

Edit: It also doesn't compensate people who spent HP on health packs or ISO on boosts and leveling in order to beat the fight that was 10 times more difficult than it's supposed to be because you ☠☠☠☠ed up. Not us, not the cruel whims of fate, YOU. Will players who spent Deadpool Points on nothing because Demiurge pushed an obviously broken patch get those back? Rewards for the matches they should have won with megawhales but didn't because the dev team couldn't be bothered to check for bugs? I could go on. Throwing up your hands and saying "well, what can you do?" after breaking your own game is utterly user-hostile.
  • Deimos12
    Deimos12 Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    Deimos12 wrote:
    David while you're here any chance we could get an update or some info on the extremely high threshold for top progression in Enemy of the State?

I guess that's a no icon_neutral.gif
  • Spiritclaw
    Okay, you're re-running the Professor X DDQ fight. That doesn't compensate people who would have been able to get a Legendary Token this week and next, and now are missing out on one of those two.

If they ran a CoT with Prof X on day 4 and a CoT with the regularly scheduled Cyclops (I think it was) on day 5, that would work. We only get a crash one day in five, so there is a lot of room to work with.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Dark Nova wrote:
    I've enjoyed using Quake in her 'enhanced' mode (a character is only "broken" when they become worse), but I couldn't figure out if was an issue with her abilities or with the entire AoE damage system in the game, because it felt as though ALL damage caused by abilities (i.e. excluding normal match-3 damage) was being seen as team damage even if it wasn't. That would explain why Deadpool and Thing didn't step in front and why invisibility tiles became almost useless. Oh well, what the Hand Of Bug giveth, the Hand of Fix will surely taketh away 2 weeks later! icon_e_biggrin.gif

[Don't worry, Quake, we still love you anyway...!] icon_cool.gif

I don't know if it was pure chance or not, but I never woulda found the Quake bug to begin with if the event wasn't EotS (seeing as she wasn't boosted) and I trot her out for Kishu. Sure, probably just dumb luck it happened this way, but if there WAS some inside jobber who just happened to bug up Quake for this event ... well, I owe you an Internet beer, sir or madame.
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Will we please get back the deadpool points that have been spent in vain? It takes you 10 days of play to gather points for one whale so it's a considerable loss for people who tried to use them.
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    I admit to knowing next to nothing about coding and development, but I'm astonished that after all this time they can't seem to release an update without completely botching up something else.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Deimos12 wrote:
    Deimos12 wrote:

I guess that's a no icon_neutral.gif
    That was a separate news piece. And if you've opened your game, you should get compensation (if you got points enough for the corrected thresholds).