BassMuffinFIve Posts: 231
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=54186&start=20

Was his passive too powerful? We shall never know icon_e_sad.gif

Where was the communication on this??

Comments

• DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    Seems it was nerfed pre-launch, so I don't know if I'd actually call it a nerf.

More of a "**** this is way too powerful, we gotta fix it" type of change.

Maybe they do playtest after all.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2016

Maybe, but shouldn't it have been apparent even without that? If they thought it was OP (and I *want* him to be OP, btw!) why wasn't that clear to them when they first ran the numbers?

It's things like that that confuse me about game design. What changed between drawing him up and posting his stats and sending him live?
  • Deimos12
    Deimos12 Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    Wouldn't play testing involving figuring these things out....you know..... BEFORE the character is live??
  • Cthulhu
    Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
    This is a risk when announcing stats on characters so far in advance. I will review again and find out what the right numbers are then update his post when I can get to it. I apologize that the change was made and I missed that update if he was nerfed, I'm currently playing the live game to see if I can get through the event with my regular non-debug account.

icon_greengoblin.png Cthulhu icon_greengoblin.png
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cthulhu wrote:
    This is a risk when announcing stats on characters so far in advance. I will review again and find out what the right numbers are then update his post when I can get to it. I apologize that the change was made and I missed that update if he was nerfed, I'm currently playing the live game to see if I can get through the event with my regular non-debug account.

Thanks cthulhu!

Nothing can ever be perfect, and i am sure There was no intent to deceive. I would be curious to learn when the change was made.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Cthulhu wrote:

Thanks for the reply. Is 2 days considered "far in advance" in game dev time? I *think* that's when the stats were posted.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Seems it was nerfed pre-launch, so I don't know if I'd actually call it a nerf.

More of a "tinykitty this is way too powerful, we gotta fix it" type of change.

And it really was too powerful. Even at the new damage levels, it's a powerful counterattack.