Point differential in Dr. Strange nodes.

bpcontra
bpcontra Posts: 176
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
To the clans out there who communicate on all this stuff:

Have you seen a difference in point totals available between the Maggia, Doom, and Hand nodes?

I am ranked 30 in the Maggia, but like 60th overall...I have all the nodes either done or have 4 clears. I realize it will all equal out in the end, but Im just curious if different nodes were worth different points.

Comments

• Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    bpcontra wrote:
    To the clans out there who communicate on all this stuff:

Have you seen a difference in point totals available between the Maggia, Doom, and Hand nodes?

I am ranked 30 in the Maggia, but like 60th overall...I have all the nodes either done or have 4 clears. I realize it will all equal out in the end, but Im just curious if different nodes were worth different points.

Points are the same in each sub. I’ve got an alliance mate who, like me, is done with the first optimal clear (12544 in the sub, 12944 in the main), in another sub than me. We're currently even.

What’s causing that rank difference is that the three subs divide up the 1000 players from the main sub. So depending on what subs that your bracket 1000 chose, you are competing against less people in each. Some may have more people than other subs (I’d imagine a lot of people are tired of the Hand after this past week), but roughly it should be 1/3. So your individual rank should look better in whichever sub you’re in to begin with. As the event goes on, it should (fingers crossed) line up more evenly.
  • InfernosEnforcer
    InfernosEnforcer Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    Yeah I went for the hand to get them out of the way and only 9 other people out of 1000 are in the sub with me. It was actually pretty disappointing to discover; makes my 3rd place (currently) less awesome
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Um, am I mathing this wrong?

So, 4 clears = 12944 points.
    Times three days = 38832 points.
    But max progress is 69000?
    Max progression is just over 7 clears?

icon_eek.gif
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    firethorne wrote:

icon_eek.gif

Uhh, yeah. That's not good.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    firethorne wrote:

icon_eek.gif

I'd assume that point totals go up in the next subs as they do in every other PvE event.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    DuckyV wrote:
    firethorne wrote:

icon_eek.gif

I'd assume that point totals go up in the next subs as they do in every other PvE event.

Ah, si. I was assuming that if each had the same now when I played the others they would remain as they were. But you're probably right (hopefully) that the second door you choose will amp up points, etc.
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker

Ah, si. I was assuming that if each had the same now when I played the others they would remain as they were. But you're probably right (hopefully) that the second door you choose will amp up points, etc.
    Just to be safe, for this first day I would play each node until you hit the green check mark (6/6, 4/4).

Assuming a 1.5x increase in points per subevent if you do the standard 4 clears (13k, 20k, 30k) then you're still gonna be short of the 69k progression mark. And 1.5x increase is being very generous, I think in the EotS thread someone said 1.3x is the norm. In that thread one person said 6/6, 4/4 for each node was enough to make a little over progression.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nope
    ****?
    Was that comment really necessary?
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Nope
    ****?
    Was that comment really necessary?

sorry bad mood, or i just have typist's tourette's
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    vinsensual wrote:

Just to be safe, for this first day I would play each node until you hit the green check mark (6/6, 4/4).

Assuming a 1.5x increase in points per subevent if you do the standard 4 clears (13k, 20k, 30k) then you're still gonna be short of the 69k progression mark. And 1.5x increase is being very generous, I think in the EotS thread someone said 1.3x is the norm. In that thread one person said 6/6, 4/4 for each node was enough to make a little over progression.

That is possible, I did 4 on the waves but only did six on a few of the regular ( I think I was 10k short)
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    firethorne wrote:

icon_eek.gif

You're supposed to lose.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's likely set up like this:

Day 1: Choose any sub, get x points.
    Day 2: Choose any remaining sub, get x + % points.
    Day 3: Choose remaining sub get (X + %) + % points.

Points are going to go up on each day regardless of the sub you choose. So relax. I'm sure prog is attainable.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    So green checks are the new norm for hitting max prog? 4 clears per reg and 2 clears per wave is no longer enough?

Will it always be like this from now on? Can we go back to 4 clears/2 clears some day? Maybe on the next anniversary?
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    FYI, optimal 1st clear for the 2nd day (4x normal, 2x wave) is 18819 points in that sub, so roughly a 50% increase from the same sub clear on the first day.