1 CP

Gmax101
Gmax101 Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Seriously, for defeating Kaecilius.....

1 lousy CP!!!!

I quite enjoyed the event, and the Boss Fight is a nice puzzle...

but just 1cp when you WILL burn healthpacks... seems low...

Would one of those 5* Sorceror Supreme tokens have been too much to ask?

Comments

• Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gmax101 wrote:
    Seriously, for defeating Kaecilius.....

1 lousy CP!!!!

I quite enjoyed the event, and the Boss Fight is a nice puzzle...

but just 1cp when you WILL burn healthpacks... seems low...

Would one of those 5* Sorceror Supreme tokens have been too much to ask?

Yes...if you have played this game long enough you should be happy with the 1 CP.....it could have been a standard token or crit boost icon_razz.gif

Kidding aside, it should have been at least 5 CP or a legendary token or Strange token would have probably been more appropriate.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    So, the only way of getting Strange LTs is pulling them from the Vault?

I really thought winning Kaecilius would give an LT. Maybe on the third day ? icon_razz.gif
  • itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    Awwww. you thought there would be a good prize for beating such a tough enemy. How adorable.

Insert *you must be new here* meme.

JK. I agree. 1 cp is brutal.
  • halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    Whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:

I really thought winning Kaecilius would give an LT. Maybe on the third day ? icon_razz.gif

Well, if you have a CP hoard, you can pull them at 25 CP/per.

But otherwise, yeah, you gotta pull 'em from the vault and then get a 10% chance of a purple flash from them.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Progress in this game is very slow.... Now that they've taken away the last 15 cp of both pvp and pve for all but the most intense grinders, I'm happy with every tiny drip and drop I can get... Besides how else can I eventually get more IW covers?
  • Gmax101
    halirin wrote:
    Whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine

I guess you could see it as whining icon_e_smile.gif

I just think that they overstate the value of 1 cp.... its a nice tough fight that needs different thinking to overcome (and some luck I will agreed)

Just when you think you are all pumped from beating him, the reward is such that you feel deflated, like the devs expect you to win easily...

but yeah, kinda whining as well lol
  • halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    Difficult boss with good rewards: whine because some people won't get the rewards.

Difficult boss with missable rewards: whine because it's not raining candy and tokens

Maybe they should release interesting difficult matches with no rewards. I like having some neat new challenges. I'm surely not the only one. Quit acting wounded and go play progress quest if you don't want to play the game.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Considering that the fight is a 1-off per day, they definitely could have improved the reward for winning. Difficulty completely aside, they actually made a piece of the game that was fun and not grindy at all. Why not tie a good reward to it?
  • Uber303
    Uber303 Posts: 85 Match Maker
    DFiPL wrote:
    Polares wrote:

Oh really?

450cp waxed and not a sniff at something strange
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    1 cp for a single fight is uncommon. Usually you have to beat the hardest node in a sub 4 times to get that.

I share mpqr7's sentiment. I'd much rather have an extra cp each sub than, say, another event token that will likely turn into 250 iso.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Look on the bright side, the reward isn't huge but at least the boss fight is a far smaller part of your points total so if it is too annoying you could even skip it entirely without it hurting your score too badly.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    It's interesting, it's like they designed a boss to be an extra bonus for those who could do it, but no one will be penalized if they have to just skip it. I like the puzzle aspect of it and sure, more rewards is always great, but I kinda of like the idea behind this. Something different at a low cost to players if you can't complete it. It feels like an experiment or a playtest, the kind they should be doing. It's not like the token is hidden behind that fight. A 2* players can compete here (theoretically) without getting a 4-5* reward that might unbalance their roster. It's not "You're supposed to lose" but rather "Aint no thing if you skip".

I'll be curious if anything extra happens if you're able to complete each artifact fight on the 3rd day. (and reserve the right to change this opinion depending on what happens icon_e_biggrin.gif )

ADDED: One more thing that I actually love about this boss fight: No waiting 8 hours or having to fight a minion node before you can fight again if you lose. Once he's unlocked, fight him until you can beat them, then you're done for that sub.
  • Gmax101
    Tatercat wrote:
    It's interesting, it's like they designed a boss to be an extra bonus for those who could do it, but no one will be penalized if they have to just skip it. I like the puzzle aspect of it and sure, more rewards is always great, but I kinda of like the idea behind this. Something different at a low cost to players if you can't complete it. It feels like an experiment or a playtest, the kind they should be doing. It's not like the token is hidden behind that fight. A 2* players can compete here (theoretically) without getting a 4-5* reward that might unbalance their roster. It's not "You're supposed to lose" but rather "Aint no thing if you skip".

I'll be curious if anything extra happens if you're able to complete each artifact fight on the 3rd day. (and reserve the right to change this opinion depending on what happens icon_e_biggrin.gif )

ADDED: One more thing that I actually love about this boss fight: No waiting 8 hours or having to fight a minion node before you can fight again if you lose. Once he's unlocked, fight him until you can beat them, then you're done for that sub.

All excellent points icon_e_smile.gif
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Uber303 wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:
    Polares wrote:

Oh really?

I didn't say you were guaranteed a Strange 5*. I said you can open Strange LTs for 25/per if you have a CP hoard.

My apologies that your 18 tokens didn't yield a Strange cover, but that doesn't change the fact that you CAN get those LTs outside of the Vault.
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Considering the release was a three star it would have been nice for each completion to be one of his colours. Maybe just for this first run.

Oh well I'll take my one CP and save up 20 to buy my next yellow strange level ;D
  • Uber303
    Uber303 Posts: 85 Match Maker
    DFiPL wrote:
    Uber303 wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:
    Polares wrote:

Oh really?

I didn't say you were guaranteed a Strange 5*. I said you can open Strange LTs for 25/per if you have a CP hoard.

My apologies that your 18 tokens didn't yield a Strange cover, but that doesn't change the fact that you CAN get those LTs outside of the Vault.
    True, just for me that was not a reality. Didn't get 1 in 18 let alone one in 10. Spewing.