Blade issues in EotS

Ctenko
Ctenko Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
So maybe some people don't like using blade but I find he is great on this event. His Green power severely Hinders every ninja but the Kishu, and his black NORMALLY makes it so they're pretty pointless too. As every's strongest color is red, and thusly you steal it. I was looking forward to him with Cyclops, (or Vision) to fuel red Shenanigans, while never actually having to match red. And using Vision Red with his yellow on to deal with those annoying Fists that pop up.

But His black was not stealing from the ninjas, ever. It didn't on the Ghost Rider event either. Simply touched nothing. Even when they had AP in the pool. Did anyone else notice this? because it made the event much harder in Hell's Kitchen, where Wolverine could, actually use his Red without it being stolen first.

Edit:> I am talking about three star blade, and confused his green passive as a red power. My mistake. But the issue still stands.
star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_blade.pngblackflag.png - Did not steal AP.

Comments

• Piro_plock
    Piro_plock Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    4* Blade blackflag.png does not steal AP from the enemy - it only destroys it (unlike the 3* version). This only further emphasises how bad of a skill it is for 11AP.

About 2* Wolverine: his strongest color is green, not red.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been using 4Clops/QS/Hood, with a red/yellow +AP boost.

1 match yellow and I can drop his tile and start matching TU tiles for AP generation. QS with 5 Green and 5 Black to chip away at health with his Green, and make Match 5's or to match away Attack tiles, and Cyclops to blast the **** out of the big health guys.
  • Ctenko
    Piro_plock wrote:
    4* Blade blackflag.png does not steal AP from the enemy - it only destroys it (unlike the 3* version). This only further emphasises how bad of a skill it is for 11AP.

About 2* Wolverine: his strongest color is green, not red.

I am aware yes, but I was using 3star Blade. And stealing from AP generating Ninjas usually works. Most of the time their Match damage is higher than his, so you steal Red, instead of his Green. Or at least when I'm fighting them I do. This keeps people healthier.
  • elusive
    elusive Posts: 261 Mover and Shaker
    The problem is that the Hand enemies don't have a strongest color - instead they're all the same strength, meaning that it's completely random which color is stolen each turn, and sometimes it will target a color that they currently have no AP in.
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    I might have noticed this had I been using Blade's black through most of the event, but after the first couple subs, I swapped to using QS's black instead (Blad3, QS, and Vision have been demolishing this event). I can't say whether I've seen this behavior.

Elusive is probably onto something, because all of the Hand ninjas do have equal damage for all colors.

You're right, though. I remember using Blade a run or two of EotS ago, dumping black all over, and the ninjas not being able to ever generate enough red because Blade stole 8+ a turn...
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I never did the math but I did notice that ninjas were still getting countdowns out even with two Blade CDs draining AP on the board. I also checked and it said "Drains 2 AP from the enemy's strongest color (Red)."

At the time I assumed that because there were 3 ninjas out they must still have a positive AP flow, but given how many other powers are currently hilariously broken, I'd be willing to believe he just isn't draining the way he's supposed to.
  • Ctenko
    elusive wrote:
    The problem is that the Hand enemies don't have a strongest color - instead they're all the same strength, meaning that it's completely random which color is stolen each turn, and sometimes it will target a color that they currently have no AP in.

Their is programming in his ability that tells you what it is supposed to be stealing. I thought that might be the issue, because of Boss Rush. Where despite Hulk obviously needing and using Green, and Phoenix needing and using piles of Red, Everyone's strongest color was Black. (Except Galactus.) So no matter what you always Steal Red from Any hand Ninja. Kishu, Tetsu, Konran, and Shinobi. A check on Blades blackflag.png Black says red on all four. And it stole no other colors.

This is why I'm posting it on the last day. I've been checking and running experiments since the FIRST day.

Edit:> This is apparently standard for all goons. They have a programmed steal color so it is NEVER a random selection when you steal. This was in Patch, R75 05/04/15. Applied to all characters who have a strongest color power.
  • Ctenko
    I don't mean to be sounding negative, by shooting down explanations. It is just, I know what I have seen, and I want to know if anyone else experienced this, on this run, or if it was unique to me. If it was Unique to me, I will submit a ticket, get very little reply, and not be reimbursed for the event removing a strategy from me. But if it was everyone, then I want it pointed out, so that the character can be usable again to people who do enjoy using him.

Because if this is a bug where Blade's Black is just not stealing AP. Then maybe they should fix that.
  • elusive
    Ctenko wrote:
    elusive wrote:

Their is programming in his ability that tells you what it is supposed to be stealing. I thought that might be the issue, because of Boss Rush. Where despite Hulk obviously needing and using Green, and Phoenix needing and using piles of Red, Everyone's strongest color was Black. (Except Galactus.) So no matter what you always Steal Red from Any hand Ninja. Kishu, Tetsu, Konran, and Shinobi. A check on Blades blackflag.png Black says red on all four. And it stole no other colors.

This is why I'm posting it on the last day. I've been checking and running experiments since the FIRST day.

Edit:> This is apparently standard for all goons. They have a programmed steal color so it is NEVER a random selection when you steal. This was in Patch, R75 05/04/15. Applied to all characters who have a strongest color power.

I've been using Blade all week, too, and he's been stealing random colors from the Hand enemies, as I said. This is common knowledge and has been posted in other threads like this; just because it says that it's going to steal a certain color doesn't mean it actually is if there is more than one color that shares the highest value in power.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    It used to be that goons' "strongest color" would be randomly chosen from all the colors that they generate, but wouldn't land on a color they have no use for (e.g. stealing yellow from Hand ninjas). Is that no longer the case?
  • elusive
    It used to be that goons' "strongest color" would be randomly chosen from all the colors that they generate, but wouldn't land on a color they have no use for (e.g. stealing yellow from Hand ninjas). Is that no longer the case?

That's likely the case, as I was just doing some testing to prove that it's random and Blade was stealing only black, purple, and red from the Kishu I was trying it on. I apologize for the fact that this is a large-sized gif, as I don't typically do screengrabs/videos and don't know how to make it smaller, but this, for example, shows that Blade doesn't always target red when facing the Hand, despite it saying so:

http://i.imgur.com/7SscuJZ.gif