Strange/Kaecilius programming messing with other powers?

11rileyj
11rileyj Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Man this latest patch unleashed hell on so many existing powers. Whales, invisibility, Thing's passive, a certain Inhuman's passive, etc.

With the new unique format in PVE and the new mechanic to defeat an enemy who can't take damage, I wonder if the programming required to make that happen has borked all these powers.

Right now my game experience is miserable and coming off the Boss Rush debacle this is the last thing D3 needed.

Comments

• Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Given all the problems of the past month or so, it really feels like MPQ is invoking a murder/suicide pact with its playerbase.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    We're trying a bunch of new things with _______, thanks for the feedback and keep it coming.

Just don't expect us to respond to any of it
  • Redrobot30
    Redrobot30 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    I just realized that some characters are messed up when I tried the Elektra fight with Prof X. He got destroyed easily every fight so far because he's not really invisible. I was going to put a CS ticket in about it but seeing it is already a know problem I won't even bother with it. No point on knocking on a door that sits directly on the edge on a cliff... icon_evil.gif
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    it's funny to me that when SL was buffed, and people figured he was buffed to an awesome level, they swooped right in and kiboshed it within 24 hours.

invisibility, whales, and other powers have been broken since the beginning of this week, and there seems to be no urgency at all to fix it.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Jam_Adams wrote:
    it's funny to me that when SL was buffed, and people figured he was buffed to an awesome level, they swooped right in and kiboshed it within 24 hours.

invisibility, whales, and other powers have been broken since the beginning of this week, and there seems to be no urgency at all to fix it.

Star-Lord was too powerful, making it easier for players, so it was fixed right away. All of those powers being broken makes it harder for players, so they don't care.
  • LordXberk
    LordXberk Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    CNash wrote:
    Jam_Adams wrote:

Star-Lord was too powerful, making it easier for players, so it was fixed right away. All of those powers being broken makes it harder for players, so they don't care.

While this might or might not be true, we don't really know how easy it is to hotfix certain issues or change powers vs. fix bugs, it 100% feels like this is the case, and it's really a kick in the nuts to the playerbase.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Even if it's totally impossible to fix this bug outside the normal patch process (which is increasingly a giant trainwreck anyway, see sig), they could easily have switched out Professor X's fight for one that doesn't rely on invisibility, since the issue has been known all week, and....nothing.
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    Seeing as how all the powers that are broken, are all things that would Kaecilius easier. It makes me think, maybe they broke them on purpose. With his design, you can't use winfinite because he doesn't take damage he has to take some turns. So, let's also get rid of super whales, Invisibility, and anything that mitigates a large amount of damage. If it's all an accident, then it's the most convenient one ever for them.
  • Ctenko
    Ctenko Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    Wait, so what is up with Whales?
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Even if you hit the button for ALL THE WHALES it only deals normal whale damage.
  • Ctenko
    Ctenko Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    Even if you hit the button for ALL THE WHALES it only deals normal whale damage.

Oh that is awful. I hope they fix that. It's the only way I beat some of the PvP matches. Stupid facing champ 5 stars with a 276 Hulkbuster.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Seeing as how all the powers that are broken, are all things that would Kaecilius easier. It makes me think, maybe they broke them on purpose. With his design, you can't use winfinite because he doesn't take damage he has to take some turns. So, let's also get rid of super whales, Invisibility, and anything that mitigates a large amount of damage. If it's all an accident, then it's the most convenient one ever for them.

Never assume malice when stupidity will suffice. The flaw in that plan is Quake; she got a "buff" akin to the one that Vision had for a long while. If they were clever enough to engineer such a "bug", they wouldn't have missed that.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Presumably they're waiting to fix it until the Strange event is over so they can just undo whatever programming makes Kaspar the Friendly Boss work, and then they'll go back to prior programming while they work out a way to make the event work correctly for next time.