Which white PW?

Options
Foznertep
Foznertep Posts: 121 Tile Toppler
Let's say I just want one white PW to complete the Story Mode colour challenges. Which one would you suggest?
I'm not loaded with rares and mythics, so it should be decent with a cheap deck.

Comments

• Maveric78f
    Options
    I finished everything with Gideon#1. It's good at pumping below average creatures.
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,935 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If I had to do it over again, I'd probably use the Serene Steward/Lone Rider combo with Nahiri or G1. With Always Watching and enough buff spells you could rip through most of the story battles I bet.
  • Skidoo
    Skidoo Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Options
    GIDEON basic. He's an outstanding mid-high level PW with lots of deck potential. You can build very effective GIDEON decks with mostly uncommons. I have all 5 basic walkers and 3 dual-colors and Gideon is still one of my primary go-to decks.

Look at cards like: Consul's Lieutenant, War Oracle, Serene Steward, Thalia's Lieutenant, Relic Seeker, Hope Against Hope, Silverstrike for removal that bypasses Hexproof, Suppression Bonds and Swift Reckoning.
  • SeditiousCanary
    SeditiousCanary Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Options
    Skidoo wrote:
    GIDEON basic. He's an outstanding mid-high level PW with lots of deck potential. You can build very effective GIDEON decks with mostly uncommons. I have all 5 basic walkers and 3 dual-colors and Gideon is still one of my primary go-to decks.

Look at cards like: Consul's Lieutenant, War Oracle, Serene Steward, Thalia's Lieutenant, Relic Seeker, Hope Against Hope, Silverstrike for removal that bypasses Hexproof, Suppression Bonds and Swift Reckoning.

I agree with this. I also suggest Always Watching (not with Murder Investigation), Iroas's Champion, Lone Rider/It That Rides as One, Murder Investigation (not with Always Watching), and Smite the Monstrous.

I have mixed feelings about Ondu Rising. Its good, but only if you can time it so you do not dump a bunch of mana into the Awaken end of it at a critical moment.
  • Foznertep
    Options
    Thanks, I just put together a deck for Gideon using Serene Steward, Lone Rider, Nearheath Chaplain and Slayer's Plate, to name a few key cards and it looks rather promising! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • SeditiousCanary
    SeditiousCanary Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Options
    I'm well over 90% win rate with it on QBs.
  • Skidoo
    Options
    Foznertep wrote:
    Thanks, I just put together a deck for Gideon using Serene Steward, Lone Rider, Nearheath Chaplain and Slayer's Plate, to name a few key cards and it looks rather promising! icon_e_biggrin.gif
    icon_idea.gifLone Rider is a phenomenal new addition to white. He's uncommon. He's arguably better than War Oracle and Consul's Lieutenant. He could replace either, but I kept both and swapped him in for Relic Seeker and the deck is significantly faster & stronger than before. With Serene Steward and 2 lifelinkers, the power grows very quickly and provides a lot of opportunity to recover even from deep deficits.
  • Foznertep
    Options
    Finished the Origins Story with the deck and Gideon is still only lvl26 icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Skidoo
    Options
    Foznertep wrote:
    Finished the Origins Story with the deck and Gideon is still only lvl26 icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Grats. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Foznertep
    Options
    Thanks, I am quite surprised, actually.