Terror of Shadows Event.... Koth?

Options
Eglyntine
Eglyntine Posts: 72 Match Maker
edited November 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
This event is Black/Green/White..... how is it that Koth and Jace 2 are in this event? They are not dual colours, and there is no slot for red or blue so seriously how did someone get a Koth and Jace 2 deck in this event? And it's obviously a "Let's just grief the event" deck they are running. I would say "unbelievable" but with the the way this game is going it's not really.

Comments

• Reaper23
    Reaper23 Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I just went against Chandra in the event... what's going on?????
  • Glim
    Glim Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Options
    "Matchmaking"
  • Plastic
    Plastic Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Glim wrote:
    "Matchmaking"

post-12472-Shia-LaBeouf-magic-gif-SNL-dou-po6D.gif
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Eglyntine wrote:
    This event is Black/Green/White..... how is it that Koth and Jace 2 are in this event? They are not dual colours, and there is no slot for red or blue so seriously how did someone get a Koth and Jace 2 deck in this event? And it's obviously a "Let's just grief the event" deck they are running. I would say "unbelievable" but with the the way this game is going it's not really.

It has always been the case that it selects opponents' decks at random, even those not involved in the event. You may also run across level 1 pw's that people haven't leveled up. This isn't by the actions of the player, but the matchmaking system.

And yes, it's ridiculous.

That being said, it does seem to have been improved somewhat. I haven't faced a level 1 in quite some time.
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    madwren wrote:
    Eglyntine wrote:

It has always been the case that it selects opponents' decks at random, even those not involved in the event. You may also run across level 1 pw's that people haven't leveled up. This isn't by the actions of the player, but the matchmaking system.

That being said, it does seem to have been improved somewhat. I haven't faced a level 1 in quite some time.

Makes it quite the **** shoot. I dropped a game to a nahiri that cast desolation twin and decimator of provinces in a single turn.

2(14+14+12) = 80 damage spike.

I was more amused than furious. Kinda used to the game trolling me.
  • blacklotus
    blacklotus Posts: 589 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ohboy wrote:
    madwren wrote:
    Eglyntine wrote:

Makes it quite the **** shoot. I dropped a game to a nahiri that cast desolation twin and decimator of provinces in a single turn.

2(14+14+12) = 80 damage spike.

I was more amused than furious. Kinda used to the game trolling me.

My 2nd loss was unbelievable. I play as Sorin with full health. Opponent is Nahiri with 60hp left. She cascaded into her 3rd from a 4 gem starting matchup, with a 5-gem matchup in between. Out comes Olivia, buffed by her 3rd, then one more swipe, and proceeded to decimate my Sorin. BTW, enraged mode just came on. :p