Can we get more 4* PvP in future?

The Herald
The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Let me sat one thing first up.

I got outright MURDERED across both the new character then Ghost Rider event.

But...

They were important to happen, ESPECIALLY redoing GR. The 4*s need more events. A Clash each week isn't really enough.

Comments

• notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    While I enjoyed it as a player solidly into the 4 star transition with a Ghost Rider that was over level 400 boosted, I can see why they don't do it more often, especially for older characters. At least with a new release 4 star PvP, most people won't have them covered so its not that big of a deal to fight. For older 4 stars, they can easily reach high 300s and low 400s. While it is already hard for 3 star transitioning to 4 star rosters to compete now, in these PvPs, I imagine it would be absolutely impossible. I got attacked only 3 times and won each time in the Ghost Rider event, with my championed Carnage and Ant-Man team. I definitely did enjoy it, and would like more of them (besides for the really long matches), but I can see how this would scare off newer players or discourage transitioning ones.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    That's why there needs to be two different events, a 3* and a 4*, and each player has to pick which one to play.

This should be easy to manage with SCL levels.
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Off season?

Overlapping with 3* PvP?

Lock them for people on a low Shield rank so they can't blinder into them and instead see them as something to aspire to? (That would only really work if they overlap)

It feels bad we don't get to do them as often, but there are definite down sides.
  • westnyy2
    westnyy2 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    I agree! Bring on the 4 star PVP's! It was more of a slog, I used more health packs and even wiped a few times but I actually enjoyed it. I got to use a 4 star and it was delightful.

Should 4's be boosted as much as GR was though? Imagine if it was Red Hulk? I think the highest GR I saw had over 90k health. No, I didn't attempt it.

I am still debating the idea if I like 4 star PVP all the time or if I'd rather see it once a week or something. Definitely was fun this time around.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have asked for more 4* PVP in the past and in this event I just remember seeing a level 470 GR with 70k health and 2 level 460+ 5*.
    I then thought to myself be careful of what you wish for you might just get it.

I am not sure I want more 4* PVP just yet.
  • Gmax101
    Gmax101 Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    as a 4* Transitioner... I think more 4* PVP is good....

but I think it could benefit from a couple of caveats....

SCL gate the events... if SCL 7 is supposed to be the 4* transitioner level, then make it need SCL 7 to enter it. I don't think anyone would complain...

then, if you do that... restructure the rewards to give the 4* cover at a decent level, and then add a second at the 900 point level...

but then I don't get subjected to the level 400+ 4* and then two 450+ 5*
  • Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    I would like more 4* PvP so we can have more 4* PvP vaults.
  • Ebolamonkey84
    Ebolamonkey84 Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    I wouldn't mind 4* PVPs if the cover rewards were all bumped up one star level. So for CL7, 1 or more 4* would be rewarded for ranks 6-50, and 1-5 would get those plus LTs (asking for guaranteed 5* would obviously be impossible).
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Dumb suggestion: 10 day seasons that alternate between the current 3* PvPs and 4* PvPs.

That way 3* players, even if eaten alive during the 4* season, could still make the same monthly rewards that they would in one season during the 3* season. It'll help 3* players get better acquainted with 4* characters. And give players in the 4* and beyond levels something new-ish.

Mostly I just miss the 10 day Simulator.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I also really enjoyed having a 4* PVP of an older character. Even though I still hit my exact same score as before (900+), it was exciting to see my championed GR get some use!! I've done so many 3* pvps at this point that I'm pretty sick of them. Plus the 3* roster is basically a glass canon at this point. My champed boosted GR was an actual force to be reckoned with! I liked it.
  • Ctenko
    Ctenko Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    I would also appreciate more 4 star PVP. I don't have a very strong 4 star roster. (6 champed now, 4 at level 200, and then 2 more past 131. A bunch at Level 131 which appears to be the clash sweet spot.) But I would still like to see this. As is my Four stars only see occasional use on PVE, where they get boosted, or they are HulkBuster, Or Jean. And I would like the chance to use them more often when they feel important.

I used to play all the 3 star PvP with level 100 3 stars. I will happily keep playing Four Stars underleveled as well.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Herald wrote:
    Lock them for people on a low Shield rank so they can't blinder into them and instead see them as something to aspire to? (That would only really work if they overlap)

This seems like an easy enough solution. Just run them concurrently and lock the 4* event to SCL 7 or higher. Choosing one event locks you out of the other.