Uhhhh... Doesn't 3* strange have daredevil abilities

stark0719
stark0719 Posts: 50 Match Maker
edited November 2016 in MPQ Character Discussion
lets look at the basis for daredevil: Stun, Ambush, Removal of enemy tiles.
Basis for 3* strange is along the same lines: Stun, removal of tiles, and passive heal/attack.

So let's not ignore the elephant in the room is he wasn't Dr. Strange nobody would want him correct? CORRECT!!

So what I am saying is he is Murdock or magical steroids.(plus he puts on a cape better than anybody.)

Comments

• GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    stark0719 wrote:
    lets look at the basis for daredevil: Stun, Ambush, Removal of enemy tiles.
    Basis for 3* strange is along the same lines: Stun, removal of tiles, and passive heal/attack.

So let's not ignore the elephant in the room is he wasn't Dr. Strange nobody would want him correct? CORRECT!!

So what I am saying is he is Murdock or magical steroids.(plus he puts on a cape better than anybody.)

The passive attack vs goons is worth its weight by itself. He's significantly better than Murdock. Not top tier by any means but he looks to be a decent 3*
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    No.

Blue is far better than DD's in most cases. For 9 AP, you stun for 3 turns, deal 5k damage, and destroy 9 AP. (Presumably you place the CD in the corner where it won't get matched away.)

Purple is weaker than DD's in most cases. It reportedly only removes 2 tiles, and costs 7 AP after the rebate. Against trap/invis users it can be respeced to 5 ranks, which is great against characters who use them, but otherwise, 2 tiles for 11(7) is worse than 5 tiles + 3k damage for 11. (Would be more interesting and unique if it removed up to 2 of each type, but the wording currently does not suggest that).

Yellow is nothing like Ambush and really hard to compare.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Daredevil is a much stronger character since they reworked him. The ability to keep his blue stun rolling can sometimes be incredibly useful in a long fight, and his trap tile, while still requiring some luck in placement, can hit really hard.

In both cases the special tile removal skill is something of a disappointment, Strange's probably more so.
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    I'd have to agree about the rework. My first thought on the thread title was "what's wrong with Daredevil?" I tend to use him with patch, where his tile removal is most likely to be useful, but I definitely use him.

Strange looks good to me.
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Actually, I have never been a fan of the Doc Strange character... and I believe he is great to use in this game. So I would want him over DD solely on the game, nothing to do with the comics
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Having now played him a bunch, there is no comparison. Strang3 blows Daredevil out of the water.