Taking out fortified tiles

fnedude
fnedude Posts: 383 Mover and Shaker
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
So does anyone know if you "overlap" anything that takes out tiles, will it remove a fortified tile?

So if there is GG's Black countdown tile fortified, if I use GSBW's Pistol, Hood's Twin Pistol (or anything else similar), and you overlap the "blast", will the first shot remove the fortification, and then the second blast nukes the countdown tile.

Comments

• ProfessorGumby
    ProfessorGumby Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    fnedude wrote:
    So does anyone know if you "overlap" anything that takes out tiles, will it remove a fortified tile?

So if there is GG's Black countdown tile fortified, if I use GSBW's Pistol, Hood's Twin Pistol (or anything else similar), and you overlap the "blast", will the first shot remove the fortification, and then the second blast nukes the countdown tile.

Don't know about that, but I'll try it if I have the opportunity...

... I do know ... that if you match three fortified tiles (of the same color obviously), you will destroy them all... after the move, the fortification will blink off, then the tiles will match away.
  • chaos01
    chaos01 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    It takes away the fortifications but not the countdown or special tile underneath.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    chaos01 wrote:
    It takes away the fortifications but not the countdown or special tile underneath.

Nor the critical tile, as I learned to my chagrin. placed a crit inside a fortified tile to match off a match-3 and whoops, crit stays behind for the AI to match-4 on ME.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    Things that "turn selected tile into" something will leave the fortification behind.

But I don't know about hitting something twice with Hood/GSBW's pistols. I would guess it depends on timing. If the shots hit one at a time, one would break and the second would destroy, but if they fire simultaneously, it's only getting hit once, even if two shots overlap that spot, and it would leave the regular tile behind.
  • DAC169
    DAC169 Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    With IW, if you use Force Bubbles to fill a 2x2 block then use Force Field Crush, those tiles will still be there even though they were hit multiple times by FFC. I would assume that GSBW's Pistol and Hood's Twin Pistols work the same.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    fnedude wrote:

Yes. The first power will break the fortification and the second power will destroy the tile. If they are done on the same turn.

If using GG, then the first power will break the fortification. If you do not destroy the tile that turn, Goblin will fortify it again on the next turn.

I really like using Goblin with characters like Ghost Rider, Human Torch, Blade and even 3* Steve Rogers. His blue leaves a protect tile that remains fortified.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    I've never tried to overlap tiles with either Hood or GSBW's powers, but my suspicion is that both shots will resolve simultaneously, which means that the overlapped tiles are not "hit twice". I don't think there are any powers which will destroy a fortified tile with a single application, even powers that destroy tiles of a certain color (e.g. XFW Surgical Strike).
  • If i remember correctly, Jean could remove the countdowns but the tile would remain fortified. Whether that was intentional or a bug i do not know.
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    If i remember correctly, Jean could remove the countdowns but the tile would remain fortified. Whether that was intentional or a bug i do not know.

same thing with 3* cap. If the enemy has a fortified tile on the board and you overwrite it with one of his powers, now your countdown is fortified. I use 3* cap against GG a lot for that reason, the blue power that leaves a protect behind remains fortified as well.