Xbox One, Ps4?

Dninot
Dninot Posts: 214
edited November 2013 in General Discussion
Anyone picking either of these up when they launch?

Personally, I won't. I'm going to wait for the library of games to build up a little bit more for each.

Comments

• Neither, I am PC/Laptop gamer and since the this year, I play on smartphone as well icon_e_wink.gif

The only console I ever possessed was NES icon_mrgreen.gif and I guess if I were to choose console now, it would be Nintendo icon_e_smile.gif
  • Dninot
    I used to be purely PC as well, but I found it too much of a hassle and too expensive as well to keep upgrading my PC for whatever is coming out next. Bought my PS3 in 2009 and I've had 4 blissful years of gaming on it. Probably will get the same out of a PS4, if not more.
  • I'm a PC & Console (& smartphone) gamer but I'm not going to buy either right away. I'm leaning more towards the Ps4 but I currently have a 360 so I might get an Xbone...time shall tell. icon_e_smile.gif
  • aint nobody got money for that!

Currently just a PC/Smartphone gamer, don't have a need to throw money into another console. But if i had to choose, I'd go ps4
  • Happy with my PS3 for now, but will upgrade to PS4 at some point.
  • Can't afford them on launch, and not sure which of them I will pick up, neither exclusive games has won me over so I will wait and see which wins my heart(and wallet).
  • The only exclusive I see worth plunking money down on either console is titanfall, and that is available on PC. I'll stick to my 360 and my PC another year.
  • I think these consoles will sell very well out of the gate, but the interest will plummet after that. I think mobile gaming is turning everything upside down.

It used to be that console gaming was the best 'bang for your buck' that you could have. But now it's probably the worst when you factor in the costs of the game, the peripherials and subscription fees for online play. It amazes me that people spend 500+ dollars to be locked into a walled garden.

The only upside is that generations last much longer than they used to.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,310 Site Admin
    Preordered an XBox One (Must... have... Forza). I'll pick up a PS4 for personal use when there's a game I need to play on it. Until then, there's always the work library. In general, I'm a member of the PC Master Race, so consoles are exclusives machines for me. Why play AC4 on 360 in 720p at 30 FPS with limited physics when I can play it in 1920x1200 at 60 FPS with full physics? Assuming the PC version allows that of course.
  • Dninot
    Toxicadam wrote:
    I think these consoles will sell very well out of the gate, but the interest will plummet after that. I think mobile gaming is turning everything upside down.

It used to be that console gaming was the best 'bang for your buck' that you could have. But now it's probably the worst when you factor in the costs of the game, the peripherials and subscription fees for online play. It amazes me that people spend 500+ dollars to be locked into a walled garden.

The only upside is that generations last much longer than they used to.

I love mobile and PC gaming, don't get me wrong, and I partake in both quite a lot.

But I will never get tired of sitting my **** on the couch or gathering around the TV with friends to play something on a console. It's just a different experience.
  • Yea, consoles are always going to be around. They are the perfect device for dudes aged 16-24. I just don't think you'll ever see a console that becomes as ubiquitous as the first two Playstations or Nintendos were.

I think the console makers know this and instead are focusing on carving out a niche of users and exploiting them.
  • Dninot
    I whole heartedly disagree with 16-24, mostly because it makes me feel like I haven't grown up yet icon_redface.gif

The way they are going with consoles now, i think they are adding games and features to keep the nostalgia crowd around (me) and putting in enough new features to draw in the new kids.
  • The only "next-gen" game I really even care about is Battlefield 4 and I can get that on PC.

I don't see any reason to get either of the new consoles right now.
  • None of the console exclusives look good enough fo rme to buy one. Tianfall? PC version. Destiny? PC Version. I mean why bother?
  • Dninot wrote:
    I whole heartedly disagree with 16-24, mostly because it makes me feel like I haven't grown up yet icon_redface.gif

I queued up at midnight to pick up the new GTA when it came out, I can safely say out of around 200 people that I saw queuing, I was one of the older ones. And I'm not far past 30!

As for the next gen consoles, I could go out and buy one now if I wanted to, but am taking the wait and see approach. I'd love to play Forza 5 on XBOne, but will wait until there is more of a catalogue of other stuff to choose from.