Earnable XP from PVP

alphabeta
alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
So for the first match played in PVP we got 10 xp IIRC - since then nothing has lead directly to xp just for playing PVP - some will obviously around champ levels, adding covers, drawing tokens.

In PVE most subs have 9 nodes so each day PVE play can lead to 90 xp points.

When do the PVP players get some love? A fair few of us think PVE is to be avoided at all costs.

There is this massive gap between 900 and 1200 in progression rewards - would it be to hard to stick 50 xp points in there so we can advance our shield levels playing the portion of the game we enjoy without having to dirty ourselves with the grind nonsense?

Comments

• Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    You do get some indirectly from the event tokens.

I do agree, though, that there should be a small hit of exp in there for hitting a certain progression milestone in each event, maybe 25-30 XP around the 650 mark.
  • alphabeta
    Jarvind wrote:

I do agree, though, that there should be a small hit of exp in there for hitting a certain progression milestone in each event, maybe 25-30 XP around the 650 mark.

Agreed but the token XP is offset in PVE with token XP and events like EotS its higher as token are pretty freely distributed in PVE vs PVP - people who play both are fine but the PVP only crowd are getting a raw deal today
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Jarvind wrote:

XP for progression sounds like a great idea to help balance PVP and PVE out.

If you have a 2* farm, you will also get some XP from winning 2* covers from matches. That's a pretty rare thing in my experience though. Maybe it's different for the hardcore PVP crowd?
  • alphabeta
    fanghoul wrote:
    Jarvind wrote:

XP for progression sounds like a great idea to help balance PVP and PVE out.

If you have a 2* farm, you will also get some XP from winning 2* covers from matches. That's a pretty rare thing in my experience though. Maybe it's different for the hardcore PVP crowd?

From lightening rounds sure you see some 2* covers drop - from normal PVP pretty rarely and I'm in one of the t10 PVP alliances.

Though even the 2* covers from lightening rounds (assuming you like being logged in on the second every 2 hours for a chance of seeds) is offset by PVE now having 2 3* progression covers vs PVPs single
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    Maybe just try playing PvP, it's pretty fun This new one has lots of Wolverine and ninjas in it
  • BigRussian
    BigRussian Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Maybe just try playing PvP, it's pretty fun This new one has lots of Wolverine and ninjas in it

icon_cry.gif
  • alphabeta

Presumable you mean PVE - haven't seen a ninja in PVP yet but I'll look out for one.

Why should I have to go play PVE to progress is my point? If I want to waste my life doing the same thing over and over again repeatedly for hours on end for disappointing results I'll go back to my wife not play PVE.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    alphabeta wrote:

Presumable you mean PVE - haven't seen a ninja in PVP yet but I'll look out for one.

Why should I have to go play PVE to progress is my point? If I want to waste my life doing the same thing over and over again repeatedly for hours on end for disappointing results I'll go back to my wife not play PVE.

This exchange is so great.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    So PVE is the same thing over and over again?

Every time I play PVP it seems like the same handful of teams over and over again......

SHIELD Simulator, I'm looking at you

zqshE87Y.gif

on a more serious note I do agree there should be some way to get XP from PvP even if I play PVE a lot more
  • fnedude
    fnedude Posts: 383 Mover and Shaker
    If you grind the PvE Trivial nodes 6x you can earn 10xps very easily....

Pick a quick team, such as any 5* (1 cover), IF, Luke and you take almost 0 damage. I can usually get a whole node 6x in about 10min, including load times on a PC (and animations) icon_lol.gif

If you can't spare 10min to get 10xp... Well that's your choice I suppose.