51-100 Alliance Sub rewards.

Vhailorx
Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
The 51-100 alliances in cl8 receive 1750 iso + 1 heroic token for 24-hour subs.

The 101-250 alliances in cl8 recieve 1250 iso + 3x elite tokens.

Which is a better reward?

Obviously the heric token offers a small chance at a 4*, but it seems to me that there are several scenarios where the 3x elite tokens offer better value. Especially considering XP and champing opportunities.

Comments

• CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Agreed. It should absolutely follow the same model as individual placement rewards where you get the elite tokens sent out to lower finishers in addition to your guaranteed cover (or in this case, event token).
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    My alliance usually finishes just out of top 100 and we're quite happy about it.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was actually just about to write a similar post. While I am enjoying T50 in SCL8 giving our Alliance 2 Event tokens, when we drop down to T100 (normally last sub of the event) it sucks to only earn 1 Heroic token. We should at least get 1 Heroic, 2 Elite. The small chance of a 4* does not outweigh the guaranteed 3 2*'s with a chance of a 3*'s for champion levels and farming.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    I would rather more event tokens in the 51-100 range. Event tokens for vaults are always better than other tokens. It can take a while, but you can save up a lot of vault tokens over a 6 month period, especially for EOTS since it will never be used for a new character release. If I am saving up taco tokens, I might as well save other vault tokens until I have a lot.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    notamutant wrote:
    you can save up a lot of vault tokens over a 6 month period, especially for EOTS since it will never be used for a new character release.
    Is that wishful thinking? Week-long events have had character releases. Even Heroics did some time back. There's nothing about EotS to exempt a character release.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    zodiac339 wrote:
    notamutant wrote:
    you can save up a lot of vault tokens over a 6 month period, especially for EOTS since it will never be used for a new character release.
    Is that wishful thinking? Week-long events have had character releases. Even Heroics did some time back. There's nothing about EotS to exempt a character release.

While they have done it in the past, I think at some point they decided not to do it again. When was the last time we had a week-long event with a new character release? If there is any event worth saving tokens for, it is EOTS because of the above. Could they theoretically have a new release on it in the future? Yes, but the chances are small enough that there is no reason to not just save up. Worst case scenario you wait another 2 months to use your tokens. By the end of this event, I expect to have around 20 tokens saved up. Next time the event runs, I use them all at the beginning, meaning 20/80 gone right away. Take the daily deals, which means another 8 tokens since they leave the vault up a day after the event ends. Now at 28/80. Add in individual sub rewards of at least 1 token a sub, so another 6 (one two day sub). Now at 34/80. Add in the wave node token rewards of another 1-2 per sub is around 6 more, so we are up to 40/80. If I tried to be in a top 50 alliance, that is another 2 per sub, so 12 more. 52/80. Not bad for just waiting to use tokens for 3 events. If I wait until a 4th run, I can probably empty out the vault, although it might not be necessary. The wait time isn't that much longer than 300 tacos in a vault, although it is certainly less predictable.