SCL 8 is active

2»

Comments

• Argon Flame
    Argon Flame Posts: 98 Match Maker
    I feel that if you are just playing for Progression then CL8 is probably better. If you want to play for Placement as well you can consider dropping to CL7.

All I want is the 4-star Cyclops cover. Anything more is too much effort.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can someone enlighten me on all the "I'm dropping to CL7" comments?

In order to earn 2 3* covers in CL7 I need to place T50 but if I want to earn those same 2 3* covers in CL8, I only need to place T51-200. At least if you place T300 you'll earn 1 3* and 3 Elite tokens.

I personally haven't noticed a difference in competition between SC7 and 8. I was T20-50 in CL7 and I'm currently at 24 this PvE. Maybe it depends on the slice or I'll feel the difference in the next few PVEs but overall the extended 3* placement allows me to be lazy so I don't see any advantage of dropping back down to SC7.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    El Satanno wrote:
    The greatest thing I ever did for myself in this game was to completely forget about placement in Story events. I just play 6/6 whenever and where I place is where I place. I enjoy Story, and the game in general, so much more this way. CL has made my progression much more satisfying with better rewards along the way. I encourage everyone to take a similar attitude. You'll thank me for it.

I agree! I do the same thing. Except i ususually only play 4/6 and apply the same philosophy to pvp. Play when i want and skip events that dont fit into my life or have compelling rewards. It probably says something not great anout this game that taking a break can feel like such a relief.
  • philosorapt0r
    philosorapt0r Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    While it's not a full move to progression-only, rewards that are largely flat through large swathes of placement (11-300 gets the same 175 hp) and increases pushed into the alliance rewards (extra tokens for top 50, extra hp over SCL7) means that it's probably worth playing in SCL8 in a decent alliance, even if your individual placement drops lower. Having rewards be less bracket-dependent is nice, even if top-heavy sub hp rewards still make top 50 a thing that matters. If they'd flatten those out to extend some hp to top 100/200, then it would be clearly better to play in SCL8, which is presumably the intended result.
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    Can someone enlighten me on all the "I'm dropping to CL7" comments?
    I personally haven't noticed a difference in competition between SC7 and 8. I was T20-50 in CL7 and I'm currently at 24 this PvE.
    Very different experience for me, slice 5, scl 8. I would normally place T100 with just 4/6 clears. For this, the way it was looking at the end of day 1, even 6/6 wasn't enough for T100. It admittedly is harder to predict bc it's a 7 day event that spans the weekend and halloween.

In the rare occasion I want to place T10, the way to maximize my points has already been outlined. But in SCL 8 that won't seem to be enough bc it normally takes me ~2 hours to start all timers and SCL 8 has shown to be full of people who can beat that easily. For day 1, I started immediately and was T55 by the time I got my timers started.
  • kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    While slice 2 has always been slow to fill, SCL8 has made that situation worse.

I joined s2.8 on the 1st day of EOTS - at the current time of writing, it's at 346 players - 6 days in!

Basically if you want placement in s2. Join on day 1 and early - otherwise you will be FUBARed
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    kidicarus wrote:
    While slice 2 has always been slow to fill, SCL8 has made that situation worse.

I joined s2.8 on the 1st day of EOTS - at the current time of writing, it's at 346 players - 6 days in!

Basically if you want placement in s2. Join on day 1 and early - otherwise you will be FUBARed
    I can second that.
    There's always the same 15-20 guys going for t10 in s2, usually in one or two brackets.
    I don't think I ever saw more than 3 brackets in s2.