When Strange is added to Legendary Tokens

DAC169
DAC169 Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I'm surprised no one's brought it up yet, but what's gonna happen to the Legendary packs when Strange is added?
Will it keep going like they have been & drop the chance to get each 5* in Classics to 1.875%? Are they going to do like they've done before and increase the chance for a 5* per pack to 20%? Is 3 packs (Latest, Modern, & Classic) gonna be the new thing? Or maybe they will do something else entirely?

Personally, I'm hoping for something new. I'd like to see a system where we get to customize the pack we pull from by choosing a few 5*s to be in it and the cost would vary between 20 & 30 CP depending on how new the ones we picked are. But I know we'll never see that, partially because of how hard to implement that would be and partially because everyone would always put OML in their packs.

Comments

• DeltaAlpha75
    DeltaAlpha75 Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    guess/hope it will be like Black widow - different legendary pack with 15% chance to draw him. so if you ever wanted to spend saved tokens/points, that will be the time i guess.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAC169 wrote:
    I'm surprised no one's brought it up yet, but what's gonna happen to the Legendary packs when Strange is added?
    Will it keep going like they have been & drop the chance to get each 5* in Classics to 1.875%? Are they going to do like they've done before and increase the chance for a 5* per pack to 20%? Is 3 packs (Latest, Modern, & Classic) gonna be the new thing? Or maybe they will do something else entirely?

Personally, I'm hoping for something new. I'd like to see a system where we get to customize the pack we pull from by choosing a few 5*s to be in it and the cost would vary between 20 & 30 CP depending on how new the ones we picked are. But I know we'll never see that, partially because of how hard to implement that would be and partially because everyone would always put OML in their packs.
    Same as with every new 5*, nobody knows what will happen to classic packs.
    We're kept in the dark on purpose, your guess is as good as anybody's.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    At this point in time, I think the only solution is split classic in two. I doubt they are going to raise the percentage to 20%, I doubt they are never ever going to go so high (being a RNG system 20% would allow some very weird cases were people would champ some 5s really fast, when being very lucky, and with a big enough user base this case will certainly happen).

So the only solution that is good for both players and Devs is split classic in two. Put SS, PH, OML in one new token, and then Spidey, IM, Cap, Banner in the other. This would help a lot, and it would not raise the chances of pulling a 5.

What is obvious is that with a paltry 1.8% chance for any given 5, it basically makes impossible to champ new chars like Banner, (or BB whenever he is added at an even better 1.6%).

PS: The other option is of course release SCL9 and SCL10 with 5s in the progression rewards....
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:
    PS: The other option is of course release SCL9 and SCL10 with 5s in the progression rewards....

Scl 9 will add another 1000 ISO and 3stars down to 400 place. Scl10 will add another 1000 ISO on top of that and 3stars down to last place!

*Extrapolated from SCL7->SCL8 changes.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Daiches wrote:
    Polares wrote:

Scl 9 will add another 1000 ISO and 3stars down to 400 place. Scl10 will add another 1000 ISO on top of that and 3stars down to last place!

*Extrapolated from SCL7->SCL8 changes.

Don't forget about the extra 4* cover for T10 placements!
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    I thought I saw that Strange will get his own token like BW, and IM/Cap. So 25-30 CP and 10-15% draw rate most likley. That will last anywhere from 3 days to a week or so (I'm guessing about as long as his new event), and then he will enter the Latest pool, and Banner will move to Classics. The Classic draw rate will remain at 15% dropping the individual rates to 1.875%.

There is no reason to expect anything other than this to happen.

There is no reason to expect any further communication from the devs on this.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2016
    They refused to let classic odds fall to 2% before, so i would expect some change when banner goes into the classic pool (i have been saving for it!).

But i would be surprised if they just went to 20%; splitting the classic pool feels like the most demi-ish solution.

Thats not a terrible idea. Its much better than vaulting the oldest 5*s. But what i would love to see them do is drop the price of the oldest character LT to 15cp. That would allow vets to back fill their 5* benches a little more efficiently (by all accounts, the 5* playspace desperately needs more players and more variety) while still preserving the competitive advantage of spending more on the newer characters.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    I thought I saw that Strange will get his own token like BW, and IM/Cap. So 25-30 CP and 10-15% draw rate most likley. That will last anywhere from 3 days to a week or so (I'm guessing about as long as his new event), and then he will enter the Latest pool, and Banner will move to Classics. The Classic draw rate will remain at 15% dropping the individual rates to 1.875%.

There is no reason to expect anything other than this to happen.

There is no reason to expect any further communication from the devs on this.

Sad but true. I am waiting to see how good Strange is (if I can judge it myself). My 1.1k CP is telling me to pull from his vault (especially if the price is lower than 30). If only I had ISO to max one or two 4* along the way I would feel much better about it.