Starlord game design issues.

Phumade
Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
A few things I noticed about the Starlord revamp.

1. Should the sentry gunners activate SL yellow? At this point I don't think they trigger SL yellow. I don't know if because their tile destruction is a passive power or if this is a fundamental design question of how the ultron goons were originally designed. In anycase, it seems that the Sentries should trigger SL yellow.

2. SL really illustrates the problem with how they use animations and banners. I can see that the animations run as a consequence of order of operation, but it also has the effect of stalling matches beyond (what I believe is) the designer's intent. We've all see this problem as it relates to LOKI green, Peggy blue, IM recharge, and basically every animation that displays on a CD.

In SL case I feel the issue is two fold. It seems an animation fires twice. once when the enemy casts and and the tile resolves. Ideally, once of these animations should be removed. I think there are some other possible approaches that could reduce display time, but I'll leave that to the programmers to think about how order of operation questions should be resolved