More token nodes in other PVEs

cooperbigdaddy
cooperbigdaddy Posts: 394 Mover and Shaker
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
So EotS is fun enough, but my favorite part is the wave nodes! They give you a token for completing it the first time! Sure they can take a while, but I really like being able to get a guaranteed token in certain nodes. I would love if they had a node like that in every PVE.

What does everyone else think?

Comments

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    It is very nice, and it makes it worthwhile to buy event tokens, as with so many tokens rewarded, there's a good chance that you'll win at least one of the top vault prizes.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    EotS is one of my favorite PVE's despite it being a longer one. The wave nodes are my favorite parts of it!

This time I was playing with 4Clops, Blade, Quicksilver... it's been fun!
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    EoTS is hands down my favorite event because there are no Dark Avengers. The event tokens are just sweet icing on a delicious cake. icon_e_biggrin.gif It would be great if other events did it too but not even that would be enough to get me to play The Hunt or the various malignant heroics.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like the wave nodes because they're an interesting challenge (although having Kamala Khan Championed helps a bit)

pity there were none in today's chapter
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    JVReal wrote:
    EotS is one of my favorite PVE's despite it being a longer one. The wave nodes are my favorite parts of it!

Ditto.

And ditto, except replace 4clops with Vision.

I'll fight ninjas over Dork Borevengers any **** day of the week.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    JVReal wrote:

Ditto.

And ditto, except replace 4clops with Vision.

I'll fight ninjas over Dork Borevengers any tinykitty day of the week.

AGREED! The storyline has been dropped so why are the Dark Avengers still the end all be all when it comes to villains? Retire these boring, hated, god awful pukes already!
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    I like the wave nodes because they're an interesting challenge (although having Kamala Khan Championed helps a bit)

Agreed. Today's sub always brings this otherwise fun event to screeching halt. Even though they take longer, I actually miss the wave nodes. They give good rewards and you can have fun with the teams you use thanks to balanced goons. Vision, QS, and Bullseye is not a team I'd regularly go for, but they crush it in the wave nodes. Today's sub was almost exclusively 4Cycke/IM 40/ and either Blade or QS. It was boring.
  • Uber303
    Uber303 Posts: 85 Match Maker
    So EotS is fun enough, but my favorite part is the wave nodes! They give you a token for completing it the first time! Sure they can take a while, but I really like being able to get a guaranteed token in certain nodes. I would love if they had a node like that in every PVE.

What does everyone else think?
    Agreed, I picked up a legend token, a 4* and 2x 3* so far so happy with the event already icon_e_smile.gif
  • Uber303
    Uber303 Posts: 85 Match Maker
    STOPTHIS wrote:

Agreed. Today's sub always brings this otherwise fun event to screeching halt. Even though they take longer, I actually miss the wave nodes. They give good rewards and you can have fun with the teams you use thanks to balanced goons. Vision, QS, and Bullseye is not a team I'd regularly go for, but they crush it in the wave nodes. Today's sub was almost exclusively 4Cycke/IM 40/ and either Blade or QS. It was boring.
    I think vision is under-rated. Not as good as 3cap but fun to play.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Uber303 wrote:
    STOPTHIS wrote:

Vision is a lot of fun, but it's sometimes too much work to try and ensure he tanks his colors to work best. So when he's boosted there's fun to be had. When he was "broken" a while back and everyone got the damage boost from his blue, I loved him so very, very much.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Uber303 wrote:

He's really versatile and just fun to play.

If you get out Heavy early, and he's tanking his colours (and TUs if you're lucky), it absolutely shreds. And if you're about to cop some shurikens to the face, play Light and watch them get reduced to next to nothing (depending on the level, of course.)

Red from Heavy can destroy an entire wave, and red from Light is a great counter to a Smoke Bomb you couldn't get rid of.

TBH I never thought I'd like him as much as I do.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    snlf25 wrote:
    AGREED! The storyline has been dropped so why are the Dark Avengers still the end all be all when it comes to villains? Retire these boring, hated, god awful pukes already!

It's why I like Prodigal Sun once they changed it to not have two sub events.
    You get to fight heroes and stuff instead. True, some nodes are pretty hard, but it used to be waaaaay worse.
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
    It would be nice to start by replacing standard tokens with elites in the node rewards for higher SCLs like they implicitly promised.