Legion of Beer - Delightfully Tacky, Yet Unrefined

Options
Unknown
edited May 2014 in MPQ Alliances
Looking for an Alliance? Like beer?
Come on in and pull up a stool!

The Legion of Beer is a mix of 3*, 2* and transitional teams.
We're mostly dudes with families and jobs so we're not able to play as much as we would like but we play as much as we can.
We are an international group with members from across the US and the globe (Hi, _Ryu_ and Xer!).

No minimum scores in Season 1 or Heroic Oscorp are required but we do ask that you have at least one lv85 2* on your roster, play daily and try to put forth your best effort whenever possible.

We have yet to place Top 100 in any event but I know we'll get there eventually. Through hardwork, determination and beer!

So, if this sounds like your kind of pint, send me a PM with your favorite beer and in game handle and apply in game.

Roster: 18/20 as of 05/14/2014

Comments

• Welcome to the party, _ryu_!

Roster size expanded to 8/10
  • Ty bahukma !

I'm a Belgian (GMT+1) player so the tourney end times aren't always favorable for us Europeans! icon_e_biggrin.gif

Still, I'll try to contribute as much as I can.
  • It's all good. California for me. GMT+8
  • Just wanted to drop in and say hi, as a dude with work and family I would absolutely have joined if I didn't already have my own alliance to look after, best of luck to you all.
  • I would like to join
  • Just wanted to drop in and say hi, as a dude with work and family I would absolutely have joined if I didn't already have my own alliance to look after, best of luck to you all.
    Thanks, man. Best of luck to you and yours!
  • prymet1me wrote:
    I would like to join

Full up at the moment but will be adding another slot soon. I'll let you know.
  • Thanks for the reply
  • 12/12 ATM, how much does the next slot cost?
  • 3 spots available!
  • would love a spot if you have one.

alvzilla
  • alvzilla wrote:
    would love a spot if you have one.

alvzilla

Apply in game. Be sure to check "show private" when you search.
  • I'm playing from Minneapolis, MN. Love the alliance theme, and have the family, job and MPQ obsession combination. I just want my occasional Top 20 and Top 50 finishes to actually contribute to a good-natured alliance. I just joined this forum so can't yet PM my current beer favorites, but they are usually CA or Midwest breweries.
  • I found a variety pack of Sierra Nevada IPAs today. Three bottles each of their standard, black, white and session IPAs. I crave variety so I was stoked.
  • Would definitely have joined this alliance if I just didn't join one. I'm an avid player but don't care for the pressures that an alliance might bring. If for any other reason... Beer. Cheers!
  • bahukma, you should try some abbey-brewed ones if you have the chance! (Slightly biased , what with the 300+ varieties of beers brewed in Belgium alone...) icon_e_biggrin.gif

Still, I think that Portland, OR can come or maybe even exceed that amount.

I'm starting to get fond of seasonal brews lately, though I haven't had the chance to try out some as much as I'd like.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I am familiar with Northern California Abbey style ales. They are generally pretty tasty.

Last night I was fighting my way up the leader boards in God of Lies. I had drank a 22oz Hangar 24 Double IPA (SO TASTY!) and a couple of Pyramid's IPL (Floral and hoppy like an IPA, smooth like a lager) so my hand eye coordination wasn't what it normally is. I was so zoned in on gathering up reds that I went for a match 3 and left a perfectly lined up vertical match 5 on the opposite side of the board. Doh!

Some people may say that drinking and PuzzleQuesting don't mix.

To those people I say "Hang on, Wife. I'm almost done with this match."
  • Unknown
    Options
    Also, we're recruiting.