Classic covers should be higher ranked!

Options
Tiny little thing this, but it's been bugging me lately. I don't get why Patch Wolverine is the 3 star version when the iconic Amazing Wolverine is sitting at 2 stars. I'm not talking about trading the powers around, just the actual covers. It makes more sense to me that the more recognisable Wolvie should be the better more powerful one. Is it just me? It works like this for every other character as far as I can tell, though a case could also be made for Cap.

Comments

• One counterargument would be that using classic designs for low-ranking characters means that people will encounter them in early play, which would be more appealing at a critical stage than being handed a bunch of oddballs. I also expect that what design goes at which rank has developed spontaneously to an extent, rather than being fully mapped out in advance.

(And to be horribly pedantic, the Astonishing Wolverine design isn't quite the standard version of the yellow-and-blue costume, though it's close.)
  • I don't disagree, but it seems at odds with other characters, like magneto and spiderman...