Anyone else in the UK forget to factor in DST?

Dragon_Nexus
Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
So the clocks went back an hour last night here. No biggy, an extra hours sleep (or if you're like me, you stayed up an extra hour gaming).

Fastforward to 8pm when it's grind time for a sub event ending and then suddenly it's done before I was ready. Because the sub events end at 9pm not 10pm now. Welp, good job I wasn't anywhere near top ten or I'd have been annoyed.

Comments

• Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    I have taken that into account, like you I wasn't really competing competitively (not until the Doctor Strange event) but admittedly surprised that I didn't time it wrong, so I was on track regardless. Did enjoy beating DDQ an hour early though.
  • Chipster22
    Chipster22 Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    The USA will fall back an hour next weekend. FYI
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had a similar problem where last night the SHIELD Base sub-bracket listed that it would end an hour later than expected, though it still ended at the normal time for that slice.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Real nerds use UTC.

Or, like me, Sidereal Time.

I have been working on a Dog Clock, based on the premise that a human year is 7 dog years, so a day for us is a week for them, but haven't quite figured out how to calculated when the slices end. Right now it's nearly 1 am on Thursday 29th October 14110. Set your watches.
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Moon Roach wrote:
    Real nerds use UTC.

I have been working on a Dog Clock, based on the premise that a human year is 7 dog years, so a day for us is a week for them, but haven't quite figured out how to calculated when the slices end. Right now it's nearly 1 am on Thursday 29th October 14110. Set your watches.

Are you android or iOS? I'm on android and I have the Dog Clock built in as one of the World Clock features. Really helpful to see UTC, GMT, Dog Time all side by side.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Moon Roach wrote:
    Real nerds use UTC.

tumblr_n7vzp4XavU1rkvl19o7_r1_400.gif
  • Pessi
    Pessi Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    I'm in the UK too, it messes with me every time. At least DDQ refresh lands on my coffee break now!
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Or, you could have looked at time remaining in PVP and PVE.
    Like most reasonable people did.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Moon Roach wrote:
    Real nerds use UTC.

Are you android or iOS? I'm on android and I have the Dog Clock built in as one of the World Clock features. Really helpful to see UTC, GMT, Dog Time all side by side.

I can't help but imagine a clock with a dog's head, and wagging tail, not at all telling dog time.

Strangely, a clock showing "animal time" has been patented.

I wanted to put together a clock and calendar that ran 7 times faster than normal, but not only don't have the skillz, but Microsoft's date variable type has an upper limit of 9999 as a year.

But I digress...
  • insound0
    insound0 Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    I not only forgot on Sunday, i forgot again on Monday.

Winning, one day at a time.