Has anyone ever calculated difficulty, relative to roster?

TLCstormz
TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
For instance, has anyone ever looked up or calculated or gather data on a 1 star players roster versus their difficulty level, in comparison to a 5 star player roster versus the difficulty levels?

Because, I always hear people say that soft capperd are shooting themselves in the foot because NOT leveling up your characters will hurt you in the long run, but do people actually know this for A FACT, or are people just assuming that / justifying their heinous difficulty level from Isoing everyone up?

It would make sense if ALL ENEMIES were AUTOMATICALLY like.....I dunno......2X as strong as a players team. Regardless of any level configuration. But, that IS NOT how it's set up.

So.........did we as a community ever truly do side by side comparisons of difficulty across multiple roster levels across multiple players across multiple events, or is everyone just assuming everything to help them sleep at night ( which is what I do lol )?

Comments

• TLCstormz
    Also, yes, everyone already knows that Championing every single character is probably the most bang for our buck, despite difficulty. That's not what this thread is about.

Also, yes, everyone knows that a few players used to track THEIR OWN scaling across multiple, repeated events. That's not what this thread is about.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't think anyone has ever looked into scaling for each star levels. The biggest benefit soft capers have had in the past was they were able to use their full roster in PVE. They could use 2* and 3* and not get wiped out. Once the weekly buff list came out and 5* it shifted the scaling for soft capers. it would be an interesting calculation, but I don't want to start the game over to figure it out.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    wymtime wrote:
    I don't think anyone has ever looked into scaling for each star levels. The biggest benefit soft capers have had in the past was they were able to use their full roster in PVE. They could use 2* and 3* and not get wiped out. Once the weekly buff list came out and 5* it shifted the scaling for soft capers. it would be an interesting calculation, but I don't want to start the game over to figure it out.

Right now, I think the ideal scaling for soft capers if you wanted to use your entire roster is probably something around keeping all 5* at 255 and all 3* and 4* around 170-175 or so. That way 3* and 4* boost to the level of your 5*, and even unboosted 2* are high enough that they're usable against most enemies. The days of keeping everyone at 94 are definitely over, though.
  • TLCstormz
    No one? Where are all the geniuses at?