Bring back the lost cover rewards for solo players

2»

Comments

• _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    MikeHock wrote:
    The change is rewards distrubution is just adding to the absurd about of grinding needed to stay competitive in this game. I'm part of a 5 man alliance that hasn't scored a single reward. Finishing in the top 25 of a single event only yields 1 cover!? Hell, you finish 11th; too bad for you... all that grinding to get 1 cover.

Between this change, the absurd MMR and scoring/scaling, and the god awful, "gold" garbage being forced down our throats, I'm done grinding for hours on this game.

Ditto. I've learned to let go and just play the game casually for my daily reward, one or two ISO rewards from matches and the PvE storyline content; giving it a single playthrough and not going back later to slog through the insanely scaled-up enemies. I grab what I can from the progression rewards without stressing myself out (it's a game for crying out loud! We play this to relax and unwind!) and that's it.

If a more casual style of play means a reduced need for HP and essential covers, and if that means a reduced need for me to invest real money in the game; all the better. Send the developer and publisher a message where it hurts. In their wallet. If enough people join in with this attitude, then maybe it will send a big enough ripple through those precious 'player statistics' that are so often cited to validate business decisions clearly aimed at increased monetization. And maybe, just maybe, it will cause some change for the better of the players for once.
  • It would help a lot if they would just have some solo rewards in one or two of the regular events. Every single event doesn't have to have an alliance reward.
  • Moon 17 wrote:
    My prediction: alliance rewards will contain covers until a significant portion of the playerbase has bought their alliance space up to 20. Then they'll go back to single player and alliance rewards will take a giant hit.

You are possibly more cynical than myself regarding the direction of this game. But I want to share my agreement with your observation that Alliances are elaborate pay walls. It's a clever paywall, because it makes the top players feel like they have 'earned' their additional awards, as the payout has the appearance of being steps removed from the pay in. But it is definitely p2w, and the rate isn't even that great.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2014
    Dunkelgrau wrote:
    Moon 17 wrote:
    My prediction: alliance rewards will contain covers until a significant portion of the playerbase has bought their alliance space up to 20. Then they'll go back to single player and alliance rewards will take a giant hit.

You are possibly more cynical than myself regarding the direction of this game. But I want to share my agreement with your observation that Alliances are elaborate pay walls. It's a clever paywall, because it makes the top players feel like they have 'earned' their additional awards, as the payout has the appearance of being steps removed from the pay in. But it is definitely p2w, and the rate isn't even that great.

Agreed in full. Also the reason why I refuse to hop onto the alliance bandwagon. I do still have principles.

[EDIT]
    Have since found a nice casual alliance, and we're at the least helping one another to re-obtain the regular 50 HP reward that was taken away from single player.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,214 Chairperson of the Boards
    Moon 17 wrote:

This will look for all the world as if the Developers are just abandoning a revenue stream after it has dried up. It may also be the case, or it may be coincidence.

Hopefully I'm wrong, and what they'll do instead is get a little bit generous and put some alliance rewards in that are in addition to solo player rewards.

I doubt that it will be that bad, though it will all but ensure that the cover rankings will be exclusively the domaine of the 20 man alliances, but only the 20 man alliances with active players. I'm expecting a LOT of the 20 Commander Alliances to fall apart over the next few months as players drift away from the game for 1 reason or another & no one can kick them from their respective alliances.
  • What also upsets me is that even the single covers are harder to get now. That, along with how you get matched up with unbeatable opponents by the end of the tournament, makes it much harder to make the top ten than it used to be, and while before there where good prizes to be had way down, now it's limited to very few top places. Kinda takes out the incentive for me.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,214 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think I've actually pulled more 3* covers from standard pulls for 500 Iso each, than I have for placing in events over the 1st Season. At least I keep pulling more Iso than I can use out of battles now. Though I will be in trouble as soon as I get my 13th cover for Punisher.