Forum Thread

aesthetocyst
aesthetocyst Posts: 538 Critical Contributor
Forum Thread

Comments

• jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    however they do it, it's the next, huge step forward for this game.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    While the tie-in and the events involved sound like fun, I dunno how much the game would actually benefit from a crafting mechanic like this in the game. It puts added stress on the grindiest parts of the game, and takes away one of the few sources of variety in progression that actually affect playstyle.

I would be happier seeing a time-based limitation than an Iso cost. Like, at the end of every season, have an off-season PvP event where the reward for progressing to 900 is access to the appropriate gem for that season, instead of a 4* cover, and you can use the gem to transmogrify covers to that color for two weeks after the event ends. That gives players a 28-day window where getting red covers is potentially a non-issue for them, but the color of any random cover they get still matters for the most part. That seems like a reasonable compromise, and it comes with an engaging competitive event that people will be interested in, even if they normally don't bother with PvP.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Moved to Suggestions and Feedback (shadow topic left in General).
  • cardoor
    cardoor Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
    Fits this game like a glove!

I like the idea of having covers get turned to the color of the stone the player possesses. If it needs to be temporary, then it could simply only last as long as a stone is in the players q.

When a new cover arrives and a stone is in the q, then "transmogrify" could be an option along with "recruit"/"train"/"sell" etc.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Turn this post green. Great idea
  • I don't like this idea...I love it.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't love this idea, I lust for it.