Adjust Web Bandages; Add more web powers

Pogo
Pogo Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
I think that web tiles are underused and that every web-appropriate member of the Spider/Venom family should be designed to make substantial use of them.

Spider-Gwen is a good example in that all of her powers either create or use web tiles. She also has a prohibitively-expensive power that conveniently gets cheaper when more web tiles are present.

Miles is okay in this department, since 2 of his powers generate webs, but his most accessible and quickly-fired power has nothing to do with them.

I was surprised and disappointed that Eddie-Venom has zero web abilties, and even more disappointed that none of the symbiote goons have web effects. That was a tremendous missed opportunity. Imagine if symbiote goons created web tiles and were affected by the presence of web tiles on the board: suddenly, using Spider/Venom characters actually changes the strategy of the battle, and you might actually want to use Spider/Venom characters in those fights even if they're not required.

Classic Spider-Man has extremely poor use of web tiles and is overdue for an rebalance.
He has one power that creates web tiles, but it's as a secondary effect of his stun power, and it only makes one web per cast, even at max rank. All of his powers have improved effects if multiple web tiles are present, but if he's the only web-maker on the team (which is highly likely, given the percentage of playable characters who can generate webs), that means you have to cast his stun a minimum of 3 times before the bonus healing can take effect. So really, you have to spend at least 27AP (15 blue + 12 yellow, assuming nobody destroys any of the web tiles) to get the most out of a temporary healing power.

12 AP for temporary healing is prohibitively expensive (let alone 27), and the AP cost should've come way down when the power stopped being a true-heal. The AP cost for Web Bandages should lower for each web tile on the board. Firing the power already destroys web tiles, so it wouldn't exactly make the power spammable. The bonus healing could be removed in favor of granting Spider-Man better web creation. Throw in 1 web tile on Spider-Sense, in addition to the protect tile. The stun bonus & protect bonus could also be adjusted to require more webs for optimal effect.

EDIT: Fixed a line where I had mistakenly stated that only 2 of Classic Spider-Man's powers were improved by the presence of web tiles

Comments

• Suddenreal
    Suddenreal Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Pogo wrote:
    Two of his powers have improved effects if multiple web tiles are present

Actually, it's all three of his powers that are affected by the number of web tiles, his healing, his stun and the strength of his protect tiles.
  • Pogo
    Pogo Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
    Suddenreal wrote:
    Pogo wrote:
    Two of his powers have improved effects if multiple web tiles are present

Actually, it's all three of his powers that are affected by the number of web tiles, his healing, his stun and the strength of his protect tiles.
    Good catch. I had actually realized this before the part where I suggested adding a web tile when Spider Sense is triggered, but I forgot to go back and change it before posting.