Coalitions and Events

Options
murtagon
murtagon Posts: 51 Match Maker
I would like to make a suggestion regarding Coalition structure.

Currently the top coalitions are in a position where, if they want to keep their top standing, they must swap people in and out to keep 20 people at top score for each event. This is causing some odd dynamics, especially with the inconsistent schedule, frequency and the round structure forcing people to play nearly 24x7 to keep up with all the rounds. People need downtime and more control over the game schedule so they can fit the game into their lives instead of trying to work their RL schedule into the game schedule.

Secondary coalitions are being made to act as feeders to the primary. People are having to find temporary swap partners so they can be removed from the coalition for an event and then added back to the coalition when the RL event is over. This also generates drama as people fight to fill those coveted coalition spots etc... Overall it doesn't feel like a healthy dynamic for the community.

I would like to suggest a change to the coalition and event structure that should help alleviate this issue. For events change the scoring to only use a certain number of the coalition. Ideally it would be nice to expand the number of members in a coalition to 30 and let the events take the top 20 scores from the coalition. This will allow members to take some time away from events without having to continuously swap people in and out of the coalition.

This will introduce the possibility of people being carried. Personally I don't much care about this. The top coalitions typically weed out people they feel are not contributing and I don't think introducing rules that would prevent members from a winning coalition from winning prizes is good for the overall community - ie you have 30 people and all 30 of them score in the top 50 individual score but only twenty of their scores are used for the coalition so the top 20 get the coalition prize...

Regardless I really think it would help this game a great deal if the Devs would consider the various suggestions I have made to help give players control over their play time schedule.