Deadpool's Daily Quest Change?

DrStrange-616
DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
edited October 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Did I imagine it or did the devs say that DDQ was supposed to be a bit front loaded with waves getting easier toward the end? Today's sure as shootin' wasn't like that. It's not a problem for my roster, but I'll bet it was a challenge for the 3* transitioners.

Did I dream the above and, if so, that's the last chimichanga I have before bed!

Comments

• alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    You imagined it

Or misremembered more likely

They said they were making later nodes easier than they where and first node harder but that's not the same as saying each wave got progressively easier it actually means the level of opponents across the nodes is more equal and you are less likely to get 3 goons on first node to allow for AP build up

As the levels are more equal its now down to who is being fought in each wave that makes it easier or harder
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    viewtopic.php?f=13&t=50675
    We will be increasing the difficulty slightly in the first wave but lowering them in subsequent waves.

It seems to have had more Cage/Capt Marvel type (to slow you down first wave) to start with and more minons (a bit easier) at the end.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=50675
    We will be increasing the difficulty slightly in the first wave but lowering them in subsequent waves.

It seems to have had more Cage/Capt Marvel type (to slow you down first wave) to start with and more minons (a bit easier) at the end.

I've noticed that too.

The DDQ change doesn't make any difference for 3* transitioners. I've been running a 2* Thor (5 red&yellow, 3 green)/OBW/Storm forever (Storm isn't even champed and Thor/OBW are only 110ish) even though my 3* roster is far above that team in levels and virtually all are fully covered. The reason I use them is because I've used them forever and they easily do all 4 waves (I might have to retreat in 1st wave once every couple weeks) freeing up my 3*s for other purposes.

I'm even using that team in EOTS for the wave nodes because once they pass wave 1 the enemy pretty much never gets a move so it doesn't matter if the enemies are L200ish.

KGB
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    of late in the big enchilada I've been getting a "hero" mixed in on wave one

although today was clearly a muscle day with 3 Muscle and 2 Dons among the 12 enemies
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yesterday's first wave was a pain though. (For sake of completeness: the wave1 team consisted of Beast + Konran + Shinobi).
    My default team that usually breezes through with minimal damage (IM40, 2*Storm+Mags) ate a *lot* of damage in wave 1, to the point where Cmags was down to 400 health or so. Part of that was because the board was pretty horrible, also Beast kept matching yellow and blue.
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker

although today was clearly a muscle day with 3 Muscle and 2 Dons among the 12 enemies

Today is awful! Any tips because my poor OBW has gotten blitzed once already and no one else is doing much better.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    TeamStewie wrote:

Today is awful! Any tips because my poor OBW has gotten blitzed once already and no one else is doing much better.
    I generally use Cyclops (Uncanny), KK, and Iron Fist, but they are all Champions on my roster
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 786 Critical Contributor
    Was an unpleasant surprise to get my 3* cap killed in one hit by a penance stare as the AI's extra power on the 4th wave but I still won it.

Don't think I've lost for over a year now
  • Evilgenius_9
    Evilgenius_9 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    My team for this is wolvie patch, beast and loki. Collect black, then red and green. Cover the board with strike and protect tiles. Them profit.

Haven't lost forever. Great on a lot of wave nodes actually.
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    I used to be able to beat this with effort but now the first node is so hard I can't even get past that. Thanks guys! icon_rolleyes.gif