Burning Boost / Does that happen to you?

Options
To me, so often that i stopped counting...

If I am going to face a very tough opponent (in pvp or pve or whatever), I boost up. The issue here is the next fight will automatically select again the same boost (if stock is enough). Once the fight is over, I select another one, then muscle memory takes over, and I click, click, clik until the fight begins. And then... oh ****, I once again used unnecessary boosts. I must have burnt thousand of Iso up to this point. My personal record is 3 times in a row, with +1 to all color. Well done, automatic selection, well done. Damned muscle memory. icon_mad.gif

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yes, unfortunately.

Last time was just yesterday, went to heal in the Venom stage... a milisecond after I clicked fight I noticed that I hadn't removed my boost.

A classic "D'oh" moment icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Bowgentle wrote:
    Yes, unfortunately.

Last time was just yesterday, went to heal in the Venom stage... a milisecond after I clicked fight I noticed that I hadn't removed my boost.

Yep, burning those +1 all when you only have 9 on prologue healing... Been there very recently.

What really gets me is it keeps them in between play sessions sometimes, log in after 1 hour, play an easy match... See too late you are fully boosted... Wth.

My vote goes to removing all boosts automatically upon match completion.
  • Chimaera wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Yes, unfortunately.

Yep, burning those +1 all when you only have 9 on prologue healing... Been there very recently.

What really gets me is it keeps them in between play sessions sometimes, log in after 1 hour, play an easy match... See too late you are fully boosted... Wth.

My vote goes to removing all boosts automatically upon match completion.

I second your vote!
  • unimatrix
    unimatrix Posts: 228
    Options
    Did that once with my boosts still in place, clicked one button too many. I guess I have to be more careful before starting the round
  • Mrazy
    Mrazy Posts: 46
    Options
    I dont know if this help you but you can alt f4 while on comic book strip if you clicked by mistake and you wont lose a boost or hurt your heroes.
  • Burning Boost? You should probably see a doctor about that... icon_lol.gif
  • Burning Boost? You should probably see a doctor about that... icon_lol.gif

but... it works, my stash of boost is getting fitter by the minute, not fat anymore! icon_e_wink.gif
  • Absolutely, clear them after a match I say!
  • No! Keep them when you switch away without starting a fight I say.
  • bughunt wrote:
    No! Keep them when you switch away without starting a fight I say.

0cb3ef6e1d30edc0038eaa58f90b507c_xlarge.jpeg

icon_e_wink.gif
  • gahudahu wrote:
    To me, so often that i stopped counting...

If I am going to face a very tough opponent (in pvp or pve or whatever), I boost up. The issue here is the next fight will automatically select again the same boost (if stock is enough). Once the fight is over, I select another one, then muscle memory takes over, and I click, click, clik until the fight begins. And then... oh ****, I once again used unnecessary boosts. I must have burnt thousand of Iso up to this point. My personal record is 3 times in a row, with +1 to all color. Well done, automatic selection, well done. Damned muscle memory. icon_mad.gif

I did it maybe 2 times over 100+ play days. And boosts staying selected is not a problem in itself. However the simple UI request to have 'clear all' button, or better yet a '-1' along with the existing +1 is PITA, as unselecting them is less than pleasant.
  • I think an easy solution would be a "repeat" button or something like that. Basically clear the boosts after every match but remember them (including stacks). So if I wanted to use the exact same setup again for the next match, I would click this "repeat" button at Boost selection screen. So if you wanted them cleared, it's done automatically but if you want to use the same boosts again it's 1 click.
  • I "burn" boosts at least once a day. I consider it a tax for trying to play so fast :shrug:
  • KaioShinDE
    KaioShinDE Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Absolutely, just yesterday I also accidentally wasted a complete set of boosts on prologue healing. Oh well, **** happens.