Just had to share...

Options
I know there is another topic like this, but I couldn't find it by searching...

I just had an epic win in the simulators hard mode, simulation 02...

My team of Lvl 55 spidey, Lvl 55 MN Mags, and boosted level 71 daredevil
Vs.
Lvl 228 Lazy Thor, Lvl 229 moonstone and Lvl 230 Juggs...

The enemy team gets all of my characters HP hovering around 1,000 when I finally build enough AP to stun lock them... I then spend the next HALF HOUR+ Barely scratching my opponents, dealing an abysmal 100 HP for every match 3 with the occasional magnetic flux for a paltry 1,200-1,300 damage...

I get Juggs down to 4,400 HP and totally space off stunning him... He uses unstoppable crush and takes out my spidey ..I panic and throw down two radar senses, two equalizes and two ambush... ONE falls in a spot that CAN get matched... ItS an ambush in a match four slot...Juggs activates it and takes 3,008 damage and the match four also trips an equalizer stunning Juggs for seven turns...over the seven turns I only manage to get him down to 800 HPS... He then uses unstoppable crush again and takes daredevil out... I uses polarity shift and get him down to 300 HP... Two more turns go by and we are left with Juggs at 182 HP and my magneto at 34 HP icon_e_sad.gif hopeless...

Can anyone guess what happen next? On a side note note it is beyond me why I didn't just quit the match... I almost always do when facing certain defeat... However, I make the obligatory match that leaves Juggs alive...ANY match will kill me... BUT JUGGS USES HIS HEADBUTT! Effectively killing both of us and giving me the win, saving my sanity and preventing me from wasting the previous hour or so of my life!

I apologize for the rant, I have never experienced something this insane in this game... Except when the crazy cascades and terrible losses get handed to me of course. I hope some odd enjoyed this... I know I did!

Comments

• Awesome story. I'm very glad it ended happily and your time was not lost!
  • I'm worried this might sound sarcastic so let me assure you I say this with all sincerity:

If there was a video replay of that match I would watch it. Despite knowing all of the high and low points already I would watch the entire thing. Good on you for toughing it out.
  • I'm worried this might sound sarcastic so let me assure you I say this with all sincerity:

If there was a video replay of that match I would watch it. Despite knowing all of the high and low points already I would watch the entire thing. Good on you for toughing it out.

That's the Second thing I thought when I looked up and saw I was getting a reward... The first was, "I won!? How did I?... Omg he used HEADBUTT!" Second thought was why didn't I screenshot that! Where is the replay feature? Lol

That's the Second thing I thought when I looked up and saw I was getting a reward... The first was, "I won!? How did I?... Omg he used HEADBUTT!" Second thought was why didn't I screenshot that! Where is the replay feature? Lol

Ahah cool story. We do have some epic fights in this game! On a side note, I made a suggestion a few weeks back for a replay video feature, I still think it would be awesome.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4186
  • Had similar situation like this. In the Hulk event i had a 230 ares down to 500 health while i only had 50 left. He use sunder and you can guess what happen next.
  • gahudahu wrote:
    I'm worried this might sound sarcastic so let me assure you I say this with all sincerity:

Ahah cool story. We do have some epic fights in this game! On a side note, I made a suggestion a few weeks back for a replay video feature, I still think it would be awesome.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4186

I know this is off topic, but....
    Is it possible to video a match from an iPad or iPhone? Also, is it possible to take a screenshot on either of those devices and put it on the forum?
  • Yeah there are some Apps you can use to either record video or stream it to a PC/laptop to be recorded there.

Or for those on the steam version... Y'all got it easy with no worries about battery life icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Well, I was up against the simulate hard (the one where u get the 1000 iso as reward..)
    Patch / Punisher / Doom (computer)
    vs
    Spider / Psylocke / CMagneto (Me)

Now this is where computer really is smart ... and stupid at the same time...

The first few moves were normal ... 3 match here & there ...I get a few blues ... AI get greens / blacks ... i get some reds...

Basically it was who was going to fire the first shot...

Patch goes first... 6 strike tiles for you & 6 strike tiles for me ... (That's why i always leave 6 purple tiles on table...in case patch was really helpful)...

By the time i build up my 10 purple to 1 hit kill Punisher .... bam!... punisher uses the cascade with Patch strike tiles... Bye Bye CMag...

Now down to Psylocke / Spider ...

Red & black is ready .... in 2 moves ... bye bye Patch ....

2 vs 2 ....

So i go on full defence ... stun lock punisher & doom left & right ... denying them blue and black as much as i can... Then Bam!... Punisher takes out his magnum... Psylocke goes critical .... left around 2.8k life ... spider lost all the blue tiles when doom uses his Technopathic Strike ...they got around 10 black... then Punisher takes out the molotov ... (HOLY COW!!!) ... 1 throw... and Psylocke & Spider down to below 1k life....(This is bad .. this is bad...)..I did removed some green enemy strike tiles before they hit....

Match a yellow.. then web bandage activates (was saving this for last.. but this is real emergency)... Life restored near max .. around 5k each... (Spider out of blue) ...

The fight goes on ... both sides out of AP to use anything...

Spider does a cascade ... gather some blues... (Alright... the fight was close.. but this is it...)

Patch's purple strike tiles still on the board.. .(yeepee...).. Then the ultimate noob mistake appears....

Punisher's life was down to below 1.5k ... i add up the strike tiles... 1 of Psylocke + 6 of Patch .. ok .. enuf to kill punisher with a normal match...
    I went to match an ENVIRONMENTAL tile... (OMG!!) ... None of the strike tile activated.... Punisher smiles his evil smile.... Pulls out the Magnum AGAIN!! .... Spider goes down in 1 shot.. (life was below 40%)

Psylocke got real angry... Match a red... Punisher goes down... manage to cascade a pair of black tiles......

so now it is Psylocke with 2.6k health vs Dr Doom with 8.9k health ... his black was ready... attack tiles ready to go...my strike tiles on the board....

A normal move went first .... he went down by 2.8k health ...(now he left 6.1k) ...Now Dr. Doom makes the noob mistake... He went to match an environmental tile..

I finish him off with a Psychic Knife then followed up with Psi-Katana .... and Dr. Doom is no more....

The lesson here is.... Stike tiles don't activate with Environmental tiles....you have been warned....
  • Strike tiles don't even take effect on an environmental match 4. That is, suppose you have 1000 damage of strike tiles and your match 4 environmental wipes out say 100 damage worth of tiles, it'd only do 100 damage, not 1100. Not sure why it works like that, but I'm pretty sure I've lost a game before with a Berserker Rage and thinking my environmental match 4 should do enough damage to finish them off with strike tiles instead of just making any other match.
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Options
    We all play for this kind of moment.. Good for you..
  • I had a similar match once with the same ending. I's just juggs' nature, if he can he headbutts you and asks questions later. icon_e_wink.gif
  • Phantron wrote:
    Strike tiles don't even take effect on an environmental match 4. That is, suppose you have 1000 damage of strike tiles and your match 4 environmental wipes out say 100 damage worth of tiles, it'd only do 100 damage, not 1100. Not sure why it works like that, but I'm pretty sure I've lost a game before with a Berserker Rage and thinking my environmental match 4 should do enough damage to finish them off with strike tiles instead of just making any other match.

It saved my **** several times, having a ton of enemy strikes out they took environment...
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My longest fight was one of the Jump Jets missions. Spidey and two others versus level 230 characters. Lab environment.

The other two died by the time Spidey got a stunlock down, and Spidey was almost dead, versus about 20,000 hp of level 230 enemies. One of the enemies was a Sergeant goon that had heal, and he wasn't nearly as bad as pre-nerf Ragnarok, so he was the one that was allowed to escape stun when I ran out of blue.

Spidey was doing about 100 points per match. When he wasn't collecting blue, he was getting environment tiles to get those critical tiles. Took over an hour for him to take down everyone.

I think that's when I started avoiding the use of Spiderman. When he's the last one standing, the game is gruesome to play. I just played a different match -- Lazythor, Hulk, and BWGS against a high level team. Last person standing was BWGS, but any of them could have been a serious last fighter. My most frequent last person standing in a tough fight is Classic Mags, and he can be amazing on his own.

But Spidey on his own... next time I'd just retreat.