Who misses 10 day seasons

fmftint
fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I do! 3 events into "Power Gem" season and I'm already bored.
10 day seasons were the perfect duration

Comments

• Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    I prefer the longer seasons. Less shuffling you have to do as a commander as people tend to come and go at season's end most of the time.
  • PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 533 Critical Contributor
    I agree with OP.

Shorter seasons are definitely my preference.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think maybe we could do one every few months, but I like the longer seasons as well. I can't wait for the next season though... scl 8!!!!!!
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqr7 wrote:
    I think maybe we could do one every few months, but I like the longer seasons as well. I can't wait for the next season though... scl 8!!!!!!

YAY the only change in PVP SCL8 will likely be 3* rewarded for placement extended to T200 but T2-5 will gain that extra 4* cover !!!!!!!!! I am so (sarcastically) excited icon_lol.gif
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like the short seasons - gives extra rewards (sim progression, season LT) 2x as fast.

With releases every other week, why not give away a cover every other week as well?
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    I normally avoid PVP but seeing the 4* progression at 800 in Shield Sim got me to start playing. Being able to reach it with just a 3* team was great.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    TazFTW wrote:
    I normally avoid PVP but seeing the 4* progression at 800 in Shield Sim got me to start playing. Being able to reach it with just a 3* team was great.

You can already reach it with just a 3* team. I did it the last full season. It just takes longer, and might take a shield depending on what time you play (I tend to play late at night so I don't get as many challenges while climbing).
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    I haven't missed one yet!!
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like the easier run at Simulator (though I'm past the point that 2k in a regular season is too bad, to be fair). I dislike the sense of urgency short seasons give (I sometimes skip events in long seasons, and in short seasons, those points are more precious to reaching season rewards). I do like the increase in rewards (the same season rewards available in less overall time, where multiple short seasons in place of a single long season would logically result in more total rewards).

I like a bit of both, honestly. I'd prefer longer seasons (maybe with a tweak to rewards, so season placement/progression is worth a little more?), with the short seasons for special occasions. Then, either make the long seasons good enough we don't mind waiting for short ones, or give us short ones more often.

But as-is, short seasons cause more stress than they do joy, as someone that primarily plays PvE, short seasons become an extra task I have to fit into my schedule, rather than something I play during down time for extra rewards, if that makes any sense.
  • blargrx
    blargrx Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    I wouldn't mind them rotating a shorter season in there as a mix. 2 regular, 1 short.
  • PeeOne
    PeeOne Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    I was wondering about the long season myself

I thought the shorter season was a permanent change and was shocked to see this one so long
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    heres a question to ask though

Normal season 4000 pts = 10 pack (400 per event )

10 day season 2400 or 3000 pts for 10 pack (meaning 600+ per pvp)

i take normal anyday
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Shorter seasons would mean more rewards, so yeah, I'm in favor of that.

I'd also be in favor of Combined Arms (or some variation thereof) running all the time. icon_cool.gif
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Shorter Seasons were more enjoyable for me. 800 Simulator guaranteed 4*, Yes, I'll take that over an "easier" to achieve 10 pack that will likely not contain any 4*.

I missed the first PVP of this season, and knew that my shot at an LT was gone. Have to wait for this long season to end to try again. If I missed one in the short season, I knew I'd only have to wait the rest of the short season to try again.

I honestly felt no desire to play a long season. My motivation shifted over to PVE, and I haven't played a single PVP this season, and I only intend on playing the Shield Simulator for the Gwenpool cover.

Short seasons appeal to me.