Scaling for 5 char teams is broken, please fix it Devs!

Polares
Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I have been suspecting for a while, reading others experience and with my own, that scaling in PvE when you are in 5 land makes competition harder than in the rest of layers. Last Boss Rush was a clear demonstration, people in 3 and 4 land managing to beat the bosses in rounds 6 and 7 sometimes, when I was being wiped ALL THE TIME (with my difficulty level I could not use the teams most people was suggesting, I tried and failed repeatedly). Even people with the best rosters, most 5s champed, was being wiped all the time. So, if the people with the best rosters in the game are being wiped most of the time, something is clearly wrong. But is this just me or there is really something going on?

Now, new Heroic tournament, with all my champed 5s locked out, I can check and compare difficulty levels when you just have champed 4s and 3s. Let's see:

Heroic: (Subs 1 and 2)
Max chars Xforce 391, Xpool 385, Peggy 383
Avg 386

Hardest node max difficulty: 324
Hardest essential node max difficulty: 309

Minimum Difference 62 levels (Avg - hardest)

Normal PvE:
Max chars OML 454, PH 452, SS 451
Avg 452

Hardest node max difficulty: 430
Hardest essential node max difficulty: 405-410

Minimum Difference 22 levels (Avg - hardest)

Whaaaaaat????, there is more level difference between my team and my enemies when using champed 4s ?!?!?!?! This doesn't look right AT ALL. It is obvious the curve they are using for setting the difficulty levels is wrong in the upper level. In fact, it should not be a curve! It doesn't make sense that it gets closer to the user level roster in the higher end!

Observations:

- I can use basically just 4-5 characters in any given PvE, the 3 champed 5s I have, and some 4s like Peggy, Punisher, Iceman, MoonK when buffed. SS has improved but he really doesn't add anything to the OML+PH duo, so Peggy is usually my third char when no other 4 is buffed (this will change whenever I champ GG, IM or Spidey).

- when I had just OML and PH levelled my hardest node difficulty was around 405, so it looks like when you have just 2 champed 5s things are not that bad, specially in essential nodes. Those extra 20-25 levels are a big deal because of how scaling works, a 430 Iceman is much stronger than a 405 level Iceman, and a team composed of PH, OML, SS is as strong as PH, OML + buffed Peggy/Iceman/MoonK/etc so depending who is your third 5, he might be adding just some extra difficulty levels for no real gain.

- 4 scale A LOT when over 400, so when the node is composed of 4s and they are 430 level they are quite hard to beat. Simulator and nodes in Boss fights ARE REALLY HARD. As an example Moon Knight green or Cyclops red can one-shot kill any of my chars (a level 320 Moon green does around 20-23k which will never one-shot kill any 370-390 level 4)

- Essential nodes, specially in boss nodes, are super unfair, and difficulty is no set correctly. We have to fight 430+ level enemies with a 200 level 2? or with a 270 level 3? How is this fair? This battles are basically 2 vs 3. Essential node difficulty should be calculated with just the best 2 chars of your roster and then add the char you are forced to use. I don't understand why this nodes are not calculated like this. Reducing just 20 levels it is obviously not enough when your enemies are 430+ level.

- Matches are last much longer for us, all my enemies are 45k+ hitpoints, some like Moonstone are even 55k hitpoints. Whenever I manage to champ GG and IM I think things will improve a little, but SS, PH and OML are not that fast, compared to the top tier 4s like Iceman, Cyclops, Rhulk. It is also much easier to use accelerators like Im and switch in 4 land (3s die super fast when matched against 430+ level enemies), and there are no good accelerators in 5 land yet.

- Champing 5s require A LOT of time or A LOT of money. When we got to 3 land or 4 land there was also a time, were we 'endured' similar penances, when we had just 3 champed 3s or 4s, but it was much much easier to level the 4th-7th champions at that time. Most people will need probably a year or more at the current rate to get their 6th 5 champion (I hope this will be improved with SCL9 and SCL10, but we will see).

- 5s are never buffed in PvE (I don't know if this is good or bad, probably good but who knows...)

So, how is this possible, why the difference in levels is so much bigger in 5 land? This doesn't look right or even fair. Not only we have less chars we can use, and a much smaller combo combinations, difficulty is much higher! And 4 characters at those levels are stronger than normal 5s (it was the same thing with 3s, but they were 'fixed'). I said it already, but a 450+ level Iceman or Peggy are stronger than 450 level 5s (IMHB at 470 level does 3k for each red AP and has 90k hitpoints!!!) The only big advantage of 5s is match damage which helps a bit to reduce the difference, but just a bit (cascades are big though, this is why PH is so strong).

[Plea Time]
We are the more loyal players of this game, the ones we have played the most or the ones that have spent the most (or even both, probably both icon_razz.gif) so, Devs, please, fix this difficulty disparity. I get that PvE should be equally as hard for everybody, I am not saying it should be easier than in the rest of layers, it should be more or less the same difficulty level. And right now it is not, for anybody with 3+ champed 5s IT IS HARDER.

PS: This are of course just my observations, other 5 land players (3+) might prove me wrong
PS: I don't want 4 power levels to be reduced, I just want scaling to be reduced. I like that 4s can be as strong or more than 5s.

Edit:

And of course, Strange event has the same problems than Boss Rush. Kaecillius is level 513, but we need to use 3s to beat him????

And Ultron minions at level 410 have 100k+ hitpoints and match damage as 5s. And some add two criticals every turn!!!! (doing 8k damage each).

Seriously Devs ????? Seriously ???????