Boost Dmg Issue - highest base damage before boost applied

Appears that the attacker with the highest base damage is assigned the role of attacker for that color, before boosts are considered.

Right now in order to make the most of Iron Man Model 40's damage boost, I have had to select team members with lower base stats in order for Iron Man model 40 to be the attacker. Mine is level 91 right now, had to raise his level so he would do the yellow and blue damage instead of spider man at level 75.

Comments

• No one else has posted in this topic? Is there another thread I'm not seeing discussing it in more detail? Is it a bug or a feature? I ask this because the entire Iron Man tournament came and went without it being changed. I would have expected it to have been "fixed" before then if it wasn't intentional?
  • Lots of people have mentioned it in lots of topics.
  • Same problem right now in Thor tournament. My Thor has 85 in green, and C.Storm has 38.
    But it's showing Storm for green in the game.
    I think it's a bug.
  • Did the way that enemy match damage work also change in the patch that broke boost damage attack computations? I could have sworn that prior to the juggernaut tournament, damage was done by whoever was currently active on the enemy team (i.e. if the active enemy lvl 5 Black Widow matches red then you'll take her pitiful damage, even if there is a maxed Thor sitting behind her). Now it seems like enemy match damage is always the highest damage amongst the enemy team, with boosts correctly accounted for. In the Iron Man tournament, that meant basic enemy environment matches giving 24 AP, despite your own team jumping in front of boosted IM to match for 9. In the Thor tournament it seems to mean taking hundreds of damage per match until Thor goes down.

I guess this, and boosted damage not factoring into the attack computation for your team, could be intentional to make the game a bit tougher, but it does make massive damage skills even more important, and reduces strategic choice when attacking. I guess the revelation that you can buy boosts with ISO makes up for it a bit, but having Daken occasionally get one-shot by a cascaded 5-match from an enemy storm is quite annoying!