Further improve the token opens

broll
broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Now that vault token's don't cycle through character icons, can we get rid of that whole click twice 3 pulses mechanic? It makes no sense with it not cycling through anything and just delays the open.

Comments

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll wrote:
    Now that vault token's don't cycle through character icons, can we get rid of that whole click twice 3 pulses mechanic? It makes no sense with it not cycling through anything and just delays the open.

I'm thinking that people were taking advantage of the system (learning the animation cycle) and consistently getting 4* covers, so they fixed the problem with as little effort as possible. Happens all the time in software development.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    bbigler wrote:
    broll wrote:

I'm thinking that people were taking advantage of the system (learning the animation cycle) and consistently getting 4* covers, so they fixed the problem with as little effort as possible. Happens all the time in software development.

The pull was completely random, the animation was completely independent from what you finally got from the pull.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:
    bbigler wrote:
    broll wrote:

The pull was completely random, the animation was completely independent from what you finally got from the pull.

This was my understanding as well and they just showed it cycle to kinda simulate a slot machine. I think pulling it was a good choice, I just hope they pull the rest of it and not just the icons.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    People got really upset and opened support tickets after they got "cheated" out of the cover they worked really hard to target by timing the animation. It was a cute idea, but not worth the problems it caused.