Teammates for 5* Iron Man?

Options
Leugenesmiff
Leugenesmiff Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
edited October 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I just got my 5th red 5* IM cover, making him 5/1/2. Ive yet to level him but he could be 375 if I did. Problem is my only champed 4* is Hulkbuster and my only other usable 5* is my 1/2/2 level 330 OML.
5*IM has some good stats at level 375, I found one on the leaderboards, his red would do 4868 +4503 for each team IM ally, problem is OML isn't an ally and he'd make using HB as a teammate impossible.
Who do people who use him team him with?
Right now I think I'm better of saving the 302k ISO for future 4* covers and/or more OMLs.
Thoughts?
Thanks for any input

Comments

• Quest34
    Quest34 Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Options
    viewtopic.php?f=14&t=43359

Here is an old list of team iron partners which does not include all the new characters released.

5 stars that are on team im46 are black suit spider man and silver surfer.

There is a huge imbalance of characters on team cap vs team im46. Which does not make much sense to me?
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just got my 5th red 5* IM cover, making him 5/1/2. Ive yet to level him but he could be 375 if I did. Problem is my only champed 4* is Hulkbuster and my only other usable 5* is my 1/2/2 level 330 OML.
    5*IM has some good stats at level 375, I found one on the leaderboards, his red would do 4868 +4503 for each team IM ally, problem is OML isn't an ally and he'd make using HB as a teammate impossible.
    Right now I think I'm better of saving the 302k ISO for future 4* covers and/or more OMLs.
    Thoughts?
    Thanks for any input

Easy question. Play him with 2x team IM characters to leverage his red. (Just avoid vision, since vision becomes useless with a 5* tanking all his covers and having a better red.)

I might level him to 330 or so, but not much higher. He eill have more match damage than any 4*, and that red will be decent. But he wont be as valuable to you as a good 4* champ in the short-medium term.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    While the damage on red is tempting, I'd say his best power is Girl FRIDAY. Personally i would avoid levelling him as he would just increase your scaling while not giving back that much benefit yet. Better to just wait for more covers.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Personally i would avoid levelling him as he would just increase your scaling while not giving back that much benefit yet. Better to just wait for more covers.

This. If you only have one champed 4 don't add more levels to IM46. This is just going to make your life so much harder. Use him at 255, wait until you champ at least 3 4s to level him.

Level him now will just raise your PvE scaling and make your MMR rating much higher. I know it might be counterintuitive to not level your best chars, but this game is like this :S
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Thoughts?
    Thanks for any input

Before you do what you're about to do, read these posts and all of the posts thereafter.
    These are the big boys highlighting difficulties as you level up.
    Don't ignore what these people are saying it's important for your gaming future, enjoyment and mental Health. icon_e_biggrin.gif
    healthpack.png Peace out healthpack.png

viewtopic.php?t=44648&p=524396

https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=45391
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Would Think that Red Hulk would work well
    no color conflicts and a Purple Power that drains enemy green
    (and he's even on Team Iron Man)
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thoughts?
    Thanks for any input

Before you do what you're about to do, read these posts and all of the posts thereafter.
    Don't ignore what these people are saying it's important for your gaming future, enjoyment and mental Health. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Ignore that thread, 375 and 330 on two 5*s won't put you into MMR hell.
  • Wolarsen
    Wolarsen Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    by Bowgentle » Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:34 am

Well, it depends on what you consider hell icon_razz.gif

OP hasnt posted his full roster, but now he was a 330 OML, a champed IMHB (lets consider it 270) and some chars below, lets say one at 250. So current MMR would be 283, if I am not wrong.

Leveling the 5* IM to just 330 and swapping him with his current IMHB would put him into (330+330+250)/3= 303, without the chance to use his best char (the IMHB). Moreover, IM42 and OML share 2 colours, so the increase in match damage would not be too high.

I would save the ISO for a good 4* (focus on the wondeful G/P ones, Iceman/RHulk/JGrey/X23) that can complement nicely your IMHB.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Thoughts?
    Thanks for any input

It depends on what you consider as hell, but having to play against 370 level 4s when you have just one champed 4, might be considered by most not pleasant at all. If you meant 5 level hell then no, of course not, but there is more than one level of hell.

Basically, if he levels his IM to 375 he will be forced to use IM and OML everywhere (except the week his IMHB is buffed). He might be able to perform better in PvP in the short term, but I think in the long term it will create a lot of problems.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lo, OK, I concede that OP might be put into a higher circle of MMR hell.

Thanks for the pictures in my head now, where KDN with horns sits at the lowest level, while softcappers burn a few circles above.
  • bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    IM46 + Quake + Red Hulk would work well if you are lucky enough to have them all well covered, since the latter two are both Team IM.