Show who tanks what on character selection screen

KGB
KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2016 in MPQ Suggestions and Feedback
One change that would really help when selecting a team is to show which character is tanking which colors.

It's very frustrating to have to either cycle through the 3 characters and write down/remember their match damage for all 6 colors + TU tiles and then decide if you have the right character tanking the right colors. This can take up a lot of time when you are using characters you don't regularly use (ie Heroic's) and have memorized.

All that's required are the 7 tiles and next to each tile the icon of the character who is tanking it.

KGB

Comments

• Agreed! This would be a great feature, especially since adding covers to champions can make my favorite teams' balance get off for a while.
  • I agree. Which character uses which colors is only 9/10 times the problem for me. Instead, I can't recall if my current team is missing a color. I'd have all the 9 colors of my team in my head and have to fish out whether I have 6 different colors among them. It would be very helpful if they added this.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    KGB wrote:
    All that's required are the 7 tiles and next to each tile the icon of the character who is tanking it.

It could take up even less space than that. On the "Assemble Your Heroes" page, on the left, roughly opposite the Train and Info buttons, just put 6 basic tiles, one of each color. Then change the symbols based on the active team. Maybe highlight them when you select that character. So if you have Hulk, Spidey, and 3* Strange, Hulk clearly tanks red/black/green. So it shows all 6 colors, red/black/green all show Hulk's symbol, and when you select Hulk (like you were going to replace him) those three light up. It would also let you put, say, 3* Spidey and Miles on the same team, and select them back and forth to learn which symbols are which before going into the match.

(now I kinda want to do a mock-up of this... just to visualize it)
  • bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    It's been suggested before - here is one thread that includes a mockup: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=41673&p=591284

I would also really like some version of this to be added.