How to make Brisela, Voice of Nightmare a worthwhile meld

Options
PastrySpider
PastrySpider Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
I've been pondering how to make Brisela worthwhile. As it stands right now, melding from Gisela to Brisela is a bad idea as you are paying 18 mana and one card to add +1/+2 and vigilance. Given that Gisela was only 12 to begin with for a really good +8/+8, I don't see any good reason to meld her. If you want to add Vigilance and make her a bit stronger, there the cheaper and better options (e.g., Iona's Bless or Always Watching)

Now if you look at the paper version of Brisela, she has an really cool power of blocking your opponent casting all spells less or equal to 3 mana. That's designed to block most instant kill and bounce cards, making her much harder to quickly counter as well as protecting the rest of your critters.

So my suggestions on how to improve Brisela and make her worthwhile are:

1) Add a similar ability to block your opponent casting spells with a cost less that 9 (or maybe 6). This would negate most of the instant kill spells that are commonly used (grip of desolation, smite the monstrous). Its an extremely powerful ability but seems reasonable for something which is costing 30 mana and two cards. It would also provide a counter to Behold the Beyond decks which is always a plus. icon_e_smile.gif

2) Make Brisela Hexproof. This would go a long way to making her more powerful and keeping her alive. Also has the advantage of being really easy to add. However, doesn't simulate the ability to protect other creature which the paper version grants.

3) Make Brisela grant Hexproof too all creatures while in play. Similar to Sphinx of the Final Word but not persistent after she leaves play. Very powerful again but not unprecedented.

Personally, I like #1 the most but its also by far the hardest to do and would impact the game the most.

What do others think?

Comments

• Plastic
    Plastic Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I think the game could use more interesting mechanics and vote for option one. That was honestly something i was suggesting in Slack a week or so ago too.

I've yet to hear anything positive about Brisela from anybody that I've seen discuss the upcoming meld of these two cards.

Devs, please look at this combo before releasing the cards!
  • Killyah
    Killyah Posts: 18
    Options
    Option one sounds great