XaOs72
XaOs72 Posts: 425 Mover and Shaker
edited October 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Venom's been acting Strange

CL and shield rank updates
R112
Blade details
Launching Nov. 3, Doctor Strange and Kaecilius will join the game
​* And, this week featured character: VENOM!

http://www.puzzlewarriors3.com/pw3-e62.html

Comments

• stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Here is the interview with Cthulu where 3* and 5* strange is confirmed http://reviewfix.com/wp-content/uploads ... -Quest.mp3

taken from viewtopic.php?f=7&t=52861&start=40#p581085
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nice job guys!! Also you were spot on on Venom. 5,3,5 is his best build. Even with the slight buff to attack tiles the damage from green and yellow is worth it. You were also right he is lower tier 4*. The reality is he pairs well with goons and can be nasty to face in PVE when paired with goon feeding green and carnage. He was actually needed in Venom bomb because he was doing so much damage so often because of who he was paired with. The best place to use him would be against Ultron nodes that spam special tiles or symbionts who spam special tiles.
  • Dark Nova
    Dark Nova Posts: 56 Match Maker
    Absolutely right that for you guys to defend your position on having unqualified opinions. You're making a light entertainment podcast not a documentary expose! I find your show reminds me of the fun aspect of MPQ, no matter how angry I might be with the game at the time (*cough* Boss Rush *cough*). Between Ray's competitiveness, Ian's indifference and Craig's derailings (ooh, shiny thing), I don't think there's been an episode yet where I haven't laughed out loud! My Friday morning commute just wouldn't be the same without it.

Ray, you made the right decision champing Iceman, he's a dud comic character but a true MPQ monster. Enjoy him while you can before the (speculated) nerf happens. I find he pairs particularly well with re-vamped Cho (despite Cho losing his black power after the last system update).

I'm quite excited about next week's episode when Ian takes the helm. It'll be anything-can-happen Thursday!! I agree, the best way to manage expectations is just to remove them altogether and let the chaos happen. With a salespitch as good as "hopefully not the worst thing you'll ever hear", I think it could well be the most listened to episode yet! No pressure! But seriously Ian, if you don't post it in time for my commute, I have a very special set of skills and I will find you....

icon_lol.gif
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Great episode. I wouldn’t worry too much about criticisms on your “journalism” from the forums here. People typically act like it’s a Watergate scandal when there’s no developer postings during a weekend boss event. Good that you addressed it though…. otherwise the “conspiracy” would continue!

On the subject of the Eye of Agamotto (Mr. Roboto) actually being one of the Infinity Gems in the MCU movies, there is one point of information that gives me hope on that. Kevin Fiege, the head guy at the studio, has often stated Dr Strange is his favorite Marvel character and the one film he’s worked hardest and carefully to get right. So hopefully as a hardcore fan of the character, his reaction to that Infinity Gem idea would be the same as yours (and mine), and keep them separate. Fingers crossed.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anyone else having trouble downloading?

Or have i just been blocked from the podcast personally? (since presumably i am one of the forumites offering criticim to which the hosts apparently responded this week.)

icon_e_wink.gif
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    How Dare you say Peggy's blue is useless? BLASPHEMY !!! Just for that, I'm boycotting your show for the next 5 days. Even though it's one on one, you still get one cd tile, and it won't stun your opponent, but you still get the damage when the CD tile reaches zero.

Putting her with Hood actually works great. Both offense and defense.

Offense: Peggy increases enemy ap cost while Hood decreases their ap pool. Hood black reduces Peggy's blue cd tiles while his yellow does board shake up and damage. Reducing Peggy's blue cd tiles is good because they are less likely to be matched away, so you can get the damage from all 3.

Defense: When facing Peggy and Hood, it can go either way. If you target Hood first, Peggy can get her red/blue powers out. Target Peggy first and Hood will continue to steal your ap. Either way, you are thoroughly attached to an object by an inclined plane wrapped helically around an axis.

They also cover red/blue/yellow/black. So toss in a green/purple user and you got a winning team. I prefer the mean teen Jean or X23. But KK, GSBW, Iceman, Phoenix, Rhulk or even Squirrel Girl work well. Star Lord has purple, but no green. So while he can work with Peggy/Hood, he isn't my first choice.
  • Varg138
    Varg138 Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    I feel your pain as far as clicking on the vault tokens at certain flashes/increments. Mine was always 13. This new feature is wreaking havoc on my OCD.
  • Khazaq
    Khazaq Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Always a fun show, gentlemen. Thanks!

Here's a question that's been in my mind lately - how many roster slots should someone shoot to have? Being in the 4* transition (maybe just flat out in the four star life) I am trying to just get them all - but my 91 spots means the 2*s suffer, and a few three stars. Thoughts?

Poor Venom, he seems so neat, but is just shy of being awesome.

Thanks again for the show!
  • Varg138
    Varg138 Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    Khazaq wrote:
    Always a fun show, gentlemen. Thanks!

Here's a question that's been in my mind lately - how many roster slots should someone shoot to have? Being in the 4* transition (maybe just flat out in the four star life) I am trying to just get them all - but my 91 spots means the 2*s suffer, and a few three stars. Thoughts?

There are currently 114 characters which have been released, so if you have Pokemon syndrome, that is your (current) answer. icon_e_wink.gif

Unless you are planning to recycle your 2*s for champion rewards, you don't need to keep more than 3-4 at most on your roster for DDQ. You can keep one open slot if you want to recruit one cover for the required 2* for the current PVE, which I sometimes do.

If you haven't sold off your 1*s, the only one you need is Juggs to complete DDQ, plus possibly 1* Black Widow (5 blue only) if you are feeling generous with roster slots to send as a TU.

Point of reference: I currently have 100 roster slots, including all 3,4, and 5*s rostered, 4 2*s which I recycle, one Juggs and two MBW (one of which I will sell for the next new character).
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for an enjoyable show!

I can't tell if my commentary counts as the 'unwanted negative criticism' discussed in this show or not. And since I clearly love hearing myself type, I will continue to provide my brilliant insights!

(1) I agree with you about venom, and it seems like the rest of the community does too. He is lower-mid tier among 4*s. He has one of the very few yellow direct damage attacks in the game, but that's about it.

(2) Definitely champ Iceman! Immediately, don't even worry if you don't have another cover for him. Switching from 5/3/5 to 5/5/3 is worth the champ price. He is pretty much the best all-around 4* in the game. He's just good at everything, and he plays ridiculously well with IM40. So champ away without reservations (and hope he isn't nerfed anytime soon).

Ghost Rider is not a bad character, but the only reason to use him most of the time is for his black. And the damage from his black is unaffected by his level. Since you already have him at the ideal build of 3/5/5, I would say that you can get everything you need from GR by raising him up to 220 or so and leaving him there. That should save you almost 200k iso to use on other characters (like Iceman)

(3) re: negative commentary, I quite enjoy your show and I hope that any criticism from me is not taken as rude. I get that you are treating the game with a certain levity, and aren't too concerned about maintaining spreadsheets to get every single detail perfectly correct. That's great, both a creative choice and a sanity-preservation measure. I hope you don't mind if I (and others) continue offering updated character analysis; for my part I want the show to be as helpful as possible for less experienced players.

(4) I won't comment in detail on demiurge interview issue, except to say that as quasi-jouralists (in that particular circumstance) you have to resolve the eternal tension between getting the most information out of your interviewee, and not burning any bridges so that you can possibly get another interview later on. There's no easy answers, and springing hard questions on Dave would have been counterproductive to say the least.
  • apexpredator85
    apexpredator85 Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Found Whooly1 in shield sim. Thank you for the donation to my season score.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Found Whooly1 in shield sim. Thank you for the donation to my season score.

I did once too. I looked and saw Switch, Fist and Cage then I chucked and said "look it's team Craig" then I actually looked and it actually was Craig! icon_eek.gificon_lol.gif I also appreciated the contribution. I also saw Xaos72 in a lightning round when I was double checking to make sure I got all my seeds. I hope Ian is warming up those pipes for his musical number. icon_lol.gif