What happened to the good loading icons?

stark0719
stark0719 Posts: 50 Match Maker
The ones that showed 3 different stances of romanoff were better.
I though we were more advanced than this.
In the last update we got 27 icons and gwenpool.
Now we have a guys moving his hand like a Christmas decoration.
I got an idea for the next update screen ready; icon_e_ugeek.gificon_lol.gif booyah how do you like that for outside the box.(sarcasm)

End of Rant.

Comments

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like all the loading screens. There was only one that I didn't like... I think we all remember it icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    As long as the loading screen features Pizza Dog, I'm fine with it.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqr7 wrote:
    I like all the loading screens. There was only one that I didn't like... I think we all remember it icon_e_biggrin.gif

This one is probably one of the worst ones though. The latest ones have been quite good, so I hope it is just a hiccup.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqr7 wrote:

I hated the one that consisted of Totally Awesome Hulk and Mr. Fantastic as if we should be excited for those lousy new releases. I believe that loading screen lasted way too long..
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    What they need to do is bring back the Peggy screen. Then, instead of changing it to different characters, they should change it to different poses. But I doubt it will ever happen, so I'll just be content with my sig banner below. icon_cry.gif
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    If a simpler screen means the game loads a fraction faster then hopefully the next one is just the name of the app. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    #BringBackPeggy
  • Doc L
    Doc L Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    I really enjoyed the tiles, made it look like Hollywood Squares! Though they could adds more randomness to it.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    I like this one, but I was really expecting his eyes to open right before the game started.
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    stark0719 wrote:
    The ones that showed 3 different stances of romanoff were better.
    I though we were more advanced than this.
    In the last update we got 27 icons and gwenpool.
    Now we have a guys moving his hand like a Christmas decoration.
    I got an idea for the next update screen ready; icon_e_ugeek.gificon_lol.gif booyah how do you like that for outside the box.(sarcasm)

End of Rant.

A - This one is pretty cool, IMO.
    B - How long have you been playing? There have been some really terrible ones.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like this one, but I was really expecting his eyes to open right before the game started.

You and me both.

What pesters me about it is the same thing that's pestered me in the game for a long time.

http://i.imgur.com/QsRjD6j.png

If you're gonna do spinning images that fade out at the edges, make sure the edges have faded out before you reach the edge of your document! Can't stand seeing these flat edges rotating around.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think the good Doctor is just fine. Less dynamic, sure, but nothing wrong with him.

Personally my vote for best loading screen was Galactus and Surfer. Peggy is a close second. Neither of those got to stay as long as I would have liked.
  • I can't stop seeing Dr Strange doing the shocker icon_eek.gif
  • Figure15
    Figure15 Posts: 284 Mover and Shaker
    Hand looks a bit off. Must be the car accident.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Cap & Iron Man one for Civil War was great, and the Peggy one was a close second for me. I think the Cho & Mr. F one angered me the most - we had to stare at that **** smirk for what, six months? (okay, it was probably only a month or so, but it felt longer). The current one is okay, but I can't help but wish that when the load hit 100% his eyes would fly open (and be crossed), and his tongue would stick out. I guess that wouldn't be in keeping with the character, though.
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    JackTenrec wrote:

What's the deal with Pizza Dog anyway? He makes me laugh at least.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    TeamStewie wrote:
    JackTenrec wrote:

What's the deal with Pizza Dog anyway? He makes me laugh at least.

Check out Matt Fraction's Hawkeye vol. 2. You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll think. It's also the basis for the flavor text of 2* Hawkeye's powers.
  • illusionist_KA
    illusionist_KA Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    Figure15 wrote:
    Hand looks a bit off. Must be the car accident.

Thank you, glad i wasn't the only one who noticed that. As someone who has spent many hours drawing. I can tell you the artist who drew the strange intro needs to be FIRED. His palm is way bigger then the fingers. The proportion is off. His body needs to be bigger to fit the scale of the hand. the hand looks like little hairs sticking out of a coconut.
  • CosmicWolf
    CosmicWolf Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Honestly, what I think is going to happen is once his event starts, the loading screen will have him open his eyes or do some sort of movement. Like when the Brady Bunch screen first started and Gwenpool was blacked out until released.