Noosegraf Mob not triggering on creatures

Options
KLALEARA
KLALEARA Posts: 14
Gets -1/-1 and creates a 2/2 zombies each time a spell is cast. However, it doesn't trigger when creatures are cast. Unless there is some hidden reasoning behind this, seems like a bug to me. "Spell" triggers off of creatures in both MTG and Puzzlequest normally.

Comments

• Stormbringer0
    Stormbringer0 Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Options
    That "spell"-thing is kinda strange, because Noyan Dar does only trigger when you cast an actual spell and not when you play creatures or supports.

I don't remember an dedicaded example, but I had this confusion with "spell" now and then too. Problem is, that in the paper version "spell" means any card besides lands. Dunno how the actual rulings are on this in MTGPQ.
  • KLALEARA
    Options
    Honestly, I feel like Mob doesn't get much value unless it is done with everything. The only reason I use it is to get zombie procs. But with just spells, it just isn't consistent enough.
  • M3f
    M3f Posts: 46
    Options
    KLALEARA wrote:
    Honestly, I feel like Mob doesn't get much value unless it is done with everything. The only reason I use it is to get zombie procs. But with just spells, it just isn't consistent enough.

It has great stats for it's cost, he can be ressurected after all charges have been spent, he can be switched back and forth with prized amalgam - overall a great card in Liliana 1.0 deck with diregraff colossus.

To be honest I find him more useful than mythic Restless Dead and I replaced it with him.
  • KLALEARA
    Options
    M3f wrote:
    KLALEARA wrote:

It has great stats for it's cost, he can be ressurected after all charges have been spent, he can be switched back and forth with prized amalgam - overall a great card in Liliana 1.0 deck with diregraff colossus.

To be honest I find him more useful than mythic Restless Dead and I replaced it with him.

It has its uses, just like Relentless does. I'm just saying, that its not up to snuff to what it should be. Not only is it as strong as the actual card, but it just isn't consistent. There are entire matches where you won't face a single "spell". If I'm going to use this guy for what he is meant for (Triggering zombie), then he needs to be a bit more consistent.
  • blacklotus
    blacklotus Posts: 589 Critical Contributor
    Options
    KLALEARA wrote:
    Gets -1/-1 and creates a 2/2 zombies each time a spell is cast. However, it doesn't trigger when creatures are cast. Unless there is some hidden reasoning behind this, seems like a bug to me. "Spell" triggers off of creatures in both MTG and Puzzlequest normally.

in mtgPQ, creature summoning, supports and spells (some spells summon critters like Devils playground) are 3 distinct and exclusive categories. hence the MOB is working correctly.
  • Rogan_Josh
    Rogan_Josh Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    Options
    A card that references a "spell" is referring to the card type, not MTG's catch-all nomenclature.