'Dr Strange' is invading Marvel Games

johnnyzero
johnnyzero Posts: 97 Match Maker
edited October 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
http://variety.com/2016/digital/news/doctor-strange-marvel-games-1201900009/

From the article:

“Marvel Puzzle Quest”: Launching Nov. 3, Doctor Strange and Kaecilius will join the game. A new event, “Strange Sight,” challenges players as Doctor Strange to teleport to three unique locations and battle different enemies; the order in which the player teleports to the three locations will affect the story and encourage players to try multiple paths.

Comments

• Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Sounds like new content. Awesome.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Wish it was this Thursday. Saw strange last night and I'm itching to play as him now dammit!
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    I just hope that it'll be a smooth run of the event without ridiculously scaled oppositions, otherwise the whole replay to get a different story path wouldn't be as appealing.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    thisone wrote:
    Wish it was this Thursday. Saw strange last night and I'm itching to play as him now dammit!
    Good thing it will only take 6 months to cover the 3* version and a year and a half for the 5*
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wonder how they'll run that event with people being in different places ("subs") in same bracket.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime wrote:
    thisone wrote:
    Good thing it will only take 6 months to cover the 3* version and a year and a half for the 5*

6 months for a 3*? More like 6 weeks.
  • stochasticism
    It kind of sucks that something as cool as this is posted in a generic rag of a publication. We still don't have any real details on anything Dr. Strange related straight from the devs mouth to the loyal fanbase on the forums.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    It kind of sucks that something as cool as this is posted in a generic rag of a publication. We still don't have any real details on anything Dr. Strange related straight from the devs mouth to the loyal fanbase on the forums.

Exclusivity rights with other publications is why this happens.
  • stochasticism
    DuckyV wrote:

Do you really think we're getting more info any time soon?
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    DuckyV wrote:

Do you really think we're getting more info any time soon?
    On October 2nd I am guessing there will be a news release on the marvel website like all new characters. It would be nice if it wa earlier but they have to wait for the news release.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime wrote:
    thisone wrote:

6 months for a 3*? More like 6 weeks.

I guess its very dependent on roster level

DDQ is once every 40 days.

The event will likely be one of each cover, possibly 2 for the next in progression but we've not seen how they treat new 3 stars.

There'd be a 2% chance of getting any color if there was a 3 star only token (sadly not one)
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    GurlBYE wrote:

It's also dependent on whether, like myself, you're hoarding tokens between now and the release.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    GurlBYE wrote:

It's also dependent on whether, like myself, you're hoarding tokens between now and the release.

Certainly that, and having HP to empty the inevitable strange themed vaults or even pumping CP into him.

Plus:
    Strange release. Up to 4 covers.
    Next pve. Another 2 covers?
    Pvp strange up to 4 covers again.
    Boss rush part 2. 2 more?

6 months? Someone was posting from 2014 with that guesstimate.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Yay!

I've been waiting 803 days for this.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    GurlBYE wrote:

Still roster level.

The percentage is still less than 2 percent for any given token, and you tend to get a lot more when you perform better, and you can usually perform better on roster.

And unless he's ridiculously powerful this doesn't change much, it's nice, but about 25 4 stars and like 10 5's too late for a new 3.

I wish they'd have paused the 4's and released some 3's inbetween or something.