CL7 prog covers for new releases in PVP

Vhailorx
Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
edited December 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
As with Luke Cage, it appears that Blade is on track for the first 900 cover to he the same black cover that was the top 100 reward for his release pve. I think this is the result if adding a second placement cover for the preceding pvp event in CL7 (since the covers just rotate).

This sucks. Demi: can you please adjust all character releases such that the release pve top 100 placement cover, and the susequent pve and pvp prog covers are all different?

Comments

• I second this, seems like a VERY reasonable request.....
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    It's actually a little worse than that...

With the advent of the 4* cover reward for ranks 2 - 5 for SCL7, we have 3 covers going into the rotation right away. For new characters they do the colors in order, so Blade's Red is first place, Blade's Green is 2nd - 5th, and for his PVP event, following the pattern, the 900 progression will be his black cover.

It used to be just two covers, at 1st place and 1000 progression, which broke things up; you could wait a couple months for the cover you want to show up as the progression reward.

Now the rotation (as documented here) has continued to be that the next time a character shows up as a PVP reward, it picks up in the color rotation with the color after the last one rewarded, even if that was months ago. For example, when the first PVP event with SCL7 appeared (Iron Fist's event, which ended on 9/25), first place rewarded Miles' red cover; that is the next cover in order following the last time he was ever a PVP reward -- back on 7/12, Miles' yellow cover was the 1000 progression reward in the Iron Man PVP event.

Apply that pattern to the new 3 covers being rewarded, and now we are stuck with the same color covers being rewarded in the same positions (1st, 2nd - 5th, and 900 progression) as they last appeared. Meaning we could potentially never see Blade's Red cover as a 900 progression; it would only ever appear as the 1st place reward.

Demiurge, please fix this. One possible way: put the covers in a different order for the 4* rewards in SCL8. That way we would have a choice -- e.g., 900 progression in SCL8 could give a red cover for Blade, or if we play SCL7 we get a black cover at the same progression point. Give players options for ways to get specific covers, which is extremely important as we randomly build our 4* characters in all other aspects of the game (aside from the wonderfully awesome new 4* progression in SCL7 PVE). Heck, you could even have a third ordering in SCL9 when that launches that gives the other cover at 900.
  • johnnyzero
    johnnyzero Posts: 97 Match Maker
    With the advent of the 4* cover reward for ranks 2 - 5 for SCL7, we have 3 covers going into the rotation right away. For new characters they do the colors in order, so Blade's Red is first place, Blade's Green is 2nd - 5th, and for his PVP event, following the pattern, the 900 progression will be his black cover.

It used to be just two covers, at 1st place and 1000 progression, which broke things up; you could wait a couple months for the cover you want to show up as the progression reward.

Now the rotation (as documented here) has continued to be that the next time a character shows up as a PVP reward, it picks up in the color rotation with the color after the last one rewarded, even if that was months ago. For example, when the first PVP event with SCL7 appeared (Iron Fist's event, which ended on 9/25), first place rewarded Miles' red cover; that is the next cover in order following the last time he was ever a PVP reward -- back on 7/12, Miles' yellow cover was the 1000 progression reward in the Iron Man PVP event.

Apply that pattern to the new 3 covers being rewarded, and now we are stuck with the same color covers being rewarded in the same positions (1st, 2nd - 5th, and 900 progression) as they last appeared. Meaning we could potentially never see Blade's Red cover as a 900 progression; it would only ever appear as the 1st place reward.

We're seeing the first example of this right now in the Quicksilver event. 1st through 5th in CL 8 will get Ant-man's Yellow and Purple covers. (Presumably) the She-Hulk event will award his Blue as the 900 progression reward. The last time Ant-man was the progression reward was 08/26/16 and the cover awarded was also Blue.

Alphabetically, Blade should be next (funny that this thread was originally about Blade.) It'll be interesting to see if _daywalker_'s prediction of Red and Green for 1st through 5th (CL8) and Black for 900 progression holds true. Based on Ant-man repeating, I see no reason why it wouldn't.

The long and the short of it is, if they don't change something on the color rotation, the progression reward will always be the same as the last time that character was a reward.

(if the covers were colorless, issue solved, right?)

Sorry for bumping a month old thread, (I was going to start a new one, but _daywalker_ elegantly explained the problem better than I could, so let's go with this one....
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    I hardly see top 1 pvper needing the cover. I always assumed it was for season score and ISO rewards
  • Piro_plock
    Piro_plock Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    Pongie wrote:
    I hardly see top 1 pvper needing the cover. I always assumed it was for season score and ISO rewards
    It used to be like that, but now the covers are useful for champion levels (and not everyone getting top 1 is a mega-whale with all 4* at 370).
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    johnnyzero wrote:
    Alphabetically, Blade should be next (funny that this thread was originally about Blade.) It'll be interesting to see if _daywalker_'s prediction of Red and Green for 1st through 5th (CL8) and Black for 900 progression holds true. Based on Ant-man repeating, I see no reason why it wouldn't.

The long and the short of it is, if they don't change something on the color rotation, the progression reward will always be the same as the last time that character was a reward.
    Hey, good news -- it appears they really are listening, at least on this issue.

She-Hulk PVP placement rewards have Blade Black & Red for 1st through 5th. Which means Green should be his next 900 progression (in the upcoming Colossus PVP).
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Piro_plock wrote:
    Pongie wrote:
    It used to be like that, but now the covers are useful for champion levels (and not everyone getting top 1 is a mega-whale with all 4* at 370).
    The little bit of extra progress that T5 PvP/PvE makes really adds up over time. When the reward is a 4* I have champed I fight for T1 or T5 to get the extra covers. That little extra progress will add up over time.