What a Strange Team Up

Amsha3gar
Amsha3gar Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
edited October 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I was playing pvp when the enemy team used an interesting team up icon_e_surprised.gif
141p0lh.jpg
Here's the link to the image on my steam account: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =787629981
I suppose it's some kind of bug since he hasn't been released yet. Has anyone else seen it?

Comments

• CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jeez, given that AI team-ups are the 2-cover version of the power that's pretty nice for 9 AP.
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 565 Critical Contributor
    4-star Juggernaut or Colossus? Either way count me in.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    This image is Doctored.
  • JFisch
    JFisch Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    hopper1979 wrote:
    4-star Juggernaut or Colossus? Either way count me in.

The subtle reference in the thread title must have been too Supreme. You'd have to be a Sorcerer (or Drax) to catch it.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    eye of agomotto is pretty OP

Makes an unmatchable tile that removes a enemy special tile at the start of every round.
  • CrookedKnight
    Okay, so this is definitely the AI getting 5* powers as a team-up, right? That shouldn't happen. (And 3* characters shouldn't be placing unmatchable special-removing countdowns)
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    Okay, so this is definitely the AI getting 5* powers as a team-up, right? That shouldn't happen. (And 3* characters shouldn't be placing unmatchable special-removing countdowns)

They did say there'd be a 3* version of Strange, so this could be that.
  • CrookedKnight
    Yeah, but these powers are far better than I'd expect for a 3*. Crimson Bands is stun and multiple shots of damage and AP destruction for 9 AP, at two covers? That's insane if it's not at least a 4*.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Yeah, but these powers are far better than I'd expect for a 3*. Crimson Bands is stun and multiple shots of damage and AP destruction for 9 AP, at two covers? That's insane if it's not at least a 4*.

1k damage, 4 AP destroyed, and takes 2 turns to do that damage. For 9 AP. While I don't know about that whole 2 covers thing, that still isn't very impressive. Plenty of more powerful moves. The stun is a less reliable version of DD, but you don't get back the AP if you match away the CD tile like DD. A little bit of everything skill.
  • Skygazing
    Skygazing Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    I'm fairly certain it's 5* teamups, though I suppose both versions could be available. I ran into one earlier in a LR match and it was level 255:

t6MGFKb.png

zGLd3jI.png
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    I remember someone saying that Sorcerer Supreme would be the 3* version and Classic would be the 5*.
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    I remember someone saying that Sorcerer Supreme would be the 3* version and Classic would be the 5*.

Yeah, that art looks a bit like Bric-a-brac Crumplesnout, which would be the 3* version.
  • Skygazing
    Skygazing Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Keep in mind that TU was from LR, where all TU appear at their respective character's lowest level (not sure if this applies to regular PvE/PvP). Every 3* will be 40, every 1* will be 1, and in this case the TU level is 255 which indicates that it does indeed come from 5* Strange.
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    I like to think this is not a leak by mistake, and they did it in purpose to hype us, as Strange is already in the loading screen.

Also, yes, the name made me think a new Juggernaut was coming.
  • Mattjimf
    Mattjimf Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    THere's a few reports on facebook of this happening.
  • xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Problem is people are seeing these Strange TUs in LRs and reporting the other person as a hacker icon_lol.gif
  • Razamataz
    Razamataz Posts: 59 Match Maker
    The deadpool daily 2wave had a doctor strange team up when I played
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Throwing this out here instead of in the bugs area, just in case I'm wrong.

I was playing DDQ this morning (Third Time's the Charm).

I was shocked when the enemy played Dr. Strange's "Eye of Agamotto."

While we cannot use him, the AI can? Should that be possible?
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    That sounds interesting? Did you see what it did? I'm guessing that the character's powers are coded into the game now and the AI just got it as its random team up. Dr. Strange should be right after Enemy of the State.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Who said we can't use them?

Might be a little hard to get them though icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Serious note:
    I have seen this as well and there was already a post about this. (viewtopic.php?f=7&t=53893)