For the next event, am I supposed to lose on purpose?

Options
2»

Comments

• Gideon
    Gideon Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'll give you another piece of advice. You should chill out and stop saying how good you are . If your the best you don't have to say hey look at me I'm the best. People will know your the best. You should use your time to try and help the community not put them down or make them feel bad. Maybe you could use your time to make 19 alternate account and then you could be your own coalition.
  • yunnnn
    yunnnn Posts: 168 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Gideon wrote:
    I'll give you another piece of advice. You should chill out and stop saying how good you are .You should use your time to try and help the community not put them down or make them feel bad.

Are we reading the same thread? icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Where exactly did you read all these things?

I asked a completely legitimate question: The new expansion was designed with 6 freely obtainable mythics. Soon enough, every top10 coalition member is going to realize that they're just going to get dupes for the next 2 months.

I'm asking exactly the right question that needs to be asked. If you can't read between the lines and can only understand the topic superficially... then go ahead and keep claiming what you claim.

Gideon wrote:
    Maybe you could use your time to make 19 alternate account and then you could be your own coalition.

Did you even read this thread at all?

The entire point of this thread is so I wouldn't get more dupes. If I had 20 accounts, my new coalition, known henceforth as yunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn (with 20 n's), would be rank #1 with maximum and perfect scores... and I'd get dupe EMN mythics * 20. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    yunnnn wrote:
    If I had 20 accounts, my new coalition, known henceforth as yunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn (with 20 n's), would be rank #1 with maximum and perfect scores... and I'd get dupe EMN mythics * 20. icon_e_biggrin.gif

I can see why Gideon was confused. That didn't sound like bragging or arrogance at all. And that other thread you started was just misleading with the word "brag" in the title. That was one of the humblest posts I've ever seen.

I mean... You were kind enough to help me by pointing out my deck wasn't good because it was different from yours. Not many people would do that.

Wait... Am I channeling shteev?
  • yunnnn
    Options
    Ohboy wrote:
    I can see why Gideon was confused. That didn't sound like bragging or arrogance at all. And that other thread you started was just misleading with the word "brag" in the title. That was one of the humblest posts I've ever seen.

Oh look, is that sarcasm? Since you don't seem to be capable of understanding the thread at all, I didn't think you were capable of using such a writing device. Do me a favor and just quit posting before the mods have to lock my thread because of random people like you saying stupid things.
    Ohboy wrote:
    I mean... You were kind enough to help me by pointing out my deck wasn't good because it was different from yours. Not many people would do that.

Oldboy, I don't know why your deck is directly tied to your ego, but it was bad (terrible) and I made good suggestions. Deal with your bad deck and move on. Many members of my coalition are hitting perfect scores from the strategies I've created. Expect multiple brag threads this time. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • octal9
    octal9 Posts: 593 Critical Contributor
    Options
    RE: thread title.

Yes. Unless you want duplicate cards, take the hit to your reward and aim for rares.

You knew this though, right? I mean you've already spelled it out in the OP. So either you're actually looking for advice, or... ???
  • yunnnn
    Options
    octal9 wrote:

Yes. Unless you want duplicate cards, take the hit to your reward and aim for rares.

You knew this though, right? I mean you've already spelled it out in the OP. So either you're actually looking for advice, or... ???

I was sardonically trying to make a jab at the 6 obtainable mythics in the set, of which only DtG and Porky are playable.

I made this thread because it's a clear flaw with the event rewards system. I just happened to luck into it first, so I took the responsibility of calling it out.
  • Feagul
    Feagul Posts: 114
    Options
    yunnnn wrote:
    octal9 wrote:

I was sardonically trying to make a jab at the 6 obtainable mythics in the set, of which only DtG and Porky are playable.

I made this thread because it's a clear flaw with the event rewards system. I just happened to luck into it first, so I took the responsibility of calling it out.
    Don't worry we still love you... kinda! icon_e_wink.gif
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ohboy wrote:

Oldboy, I don't know why your deck is directly tied to your ego, but it was bad (terrible) and I made good suggestions. Deal with your bad deck and move on. Many members of my coalition are hitting perfect scores from the strategies I've created. Expect multiple brag threads this time. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Sorry I'm incapable of change. I'll just hang on to my terrible deck. It didn't drop a point last event and I don't think it will this event either.

I mean, I'm not in gold tier, so maybe it's harder there? Who knows.
  • Tilikum
    Tilikum Posts: 159
    Options
    Ohboy wrote:
    I mean, I'm not in gold tier, so maybe it's harder there? Who knows.
    oh-no-you-didnt.jpg
    INB4 Threadlock
  • Plastic
    Plastic Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Regarding brag threads:

This game is too easy, at all levels, to brag about. Calm down already.
  • majincob
    majincob Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Following forum rules I am posting in this thread instead of making a new thread for the same topic.

A big complaint people have about the game is that the people at the top get more and more mythics which allow them to stay at the top.

This is alleviates that somewhat if you can only get so many mythics from repeated top performance. Of course there has to be a good card or two in the possible top prizes (Namely Pig and Deploy) or people will not have a reason to keep playing.

As for incentive once you get all the mythics, the manacrystal.png rewards are a driving factor for those who can't afford to buy them with real money.
  • Yawgmoth
    Yawgmoth Posts: 67 Match Maker
    Options
    There's a serious problem in how this game handles the dupes. A pitiful 1000 runes for a dupe mythic. How about something else, like even letting us roll a lower rarity card instead? Getting duplicates always hurts, doesn't matter if it's the event reward or a big box. I only have about half of possible rares from the last set but there's one I already got 6 of. Other games do it right -> turn the excess duplicates into something valuable.