Halloween Horror Story Contest: Discussion Thread

fight4thedream
fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,909 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2016 in Off Topic
This thread shall be used for posting questions, comments or suggestions for the Official Forum Halloween Horror Story Contest. Have a question about the rules? Not sure if your post is appropriate? Have a fun contest idea? Feel free to ask below!

Comments

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nothing scarier than pulling a 5☆ in a color already @5 and not full covered
  • LeafHyren
    LeafHyren Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Nice idea icon_e_smile.gif I will start writing mine now. icon_idea.gif
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    I am confused, is this just a story starring characters in MPQ, or are we supposed to take actual screenshots with different lines?
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    notamutant wrote:
    I am confused, is this just a story starring characters in MPQ, or are we supposed to take actual screenshots with different lines?

Just use any/all characters from MPQ and make up a gorey story. icon_twisted.gif No screen shots needed or anything like that. Just make up a story starring the characters from the game.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Any chance submissions can start being accepted at 5 instead of 7 on Friday? I already wrote a story, but won't able to post until Saturday night otherwise.
  • Tarouza
    Tarouza Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    Once upon time there was an event called boss rush...the end. What do i win nothing is going to out scary that
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    notamutant wrote:
    Any chance submissions can start being accepted at 5 instead of 7 on Friday? I already wrote a story, but won't able to post until Saturday night otherwise.

Send a copy, or write your story in a PM, to me or fight. We will post it as soon as the contest opens. I have mine written and ready to go as well so you can send it to me and I'd be happy to post yours when I post mine.

commandpointsbig.pngThis goes for any and all forum members that will be unable to post their story for whatever reasons. Send a copy to fight or myself. As soon as the contest officially opens, we will post it for you. commandpointsbig.png
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    My official entry for the Halloween Creative Writing Competition

I really can't be bothered. Y'all can imagine what it would have been like... a bunch of barbed comments about drop rates and customer support nightmares and bugs and freezes, all wrapped up in a tenuously held together narrative about Liliana fighting Jace. Whatever.

What did you think?
    Pleace vote for me so I can win 600 crystals.
  • qwweetrtr
    qwweetrtr Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    Ok....how do the rewards even compare between Marvel and Magic?

With Marvel you get a card (cover with them) of your choice which are mostly the legendary cards and....oh, a legendary card for first place while for Magic we get....literally just gold and runes? Really? The transition would be a card of your choice and a Mythic.
  • yunnnn
    yunnnn Posts: 168 Tile Toppler
    qwweetrtr wrote:
    With Marvel you get a card (cover with them) of your choice which are mostly the legendary cards and....oh, a legendary card for first place while for Magic we get....literally just gold and runes? Really? The transition would be a card of your choice and a Mythic.

For any player who has played for more than a month, even a choice of rare would often be better than getting 600 crystals; do they not understand their own drop rates? 1 big box is often just all duplicates.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    qwweetrtr wrote:

Dude, that's the scariest thing I've ever read! How do you expect me to sleep tonight?
  • qwweetrtr
    qwweetrtr Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    shteev wrote:

Dude, that's the scariest thing I've ever read! How do you expect me to sleep tonight?

I tried. Oh, has to include Magic characters, hold on.
  • fight4thedream
    qwweetrtr wrote:

Thanks for bringing attention to this matter. Although I don't think we can change the rewards for the contest with this event, I will discuss it with Hi-Fi and see if we can't upgrade the rewards for future events.
  • fight4thedream
    shteev wrote:
    My official entry for the Halloween Creative Writing Competition

I really can't be bothered. Y'all can imagine what it would have been like... a bunch of barbed comments about drop rates and customer support nightmares and bugs and freezes, all wrapped up in a tenuously held together narrative about Liliana fighting Jace. Whatever.

What did you think?
    Pleace vote for me so I can win 600 crystals.

If you are referring to this post, unfortunately it does not qualify. It is simply a comment about why you have chosen not to write a scary story, not an actual a scary story. And that's why it was moved to the contest discussion thread.

Regards,
    fight4thedream
  • Hi, there!

Am I to assume that the voting is now closed for the stories?

When will we receive a verdict on a winner? I'm a little nervous about the timeline, considering that BfZ packs are leaving the store in 2 days!
  • fight4thedream
    Hi Kuraikarp!

Thanks for your query! Yes, voting is closed and the entries have been sent to D3 Go! to determine the winners.
    Unfortunately, I don't know when the results will be posted but they normally take only a few days so I imagine results will be up later this week.