Congratulations!

Options
THEMAGICkMAN
THEMAGICkMAN Posts: 697 Critical Contributor
edited October 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Ok so right now people are complaining tons (partly due to my power creep thread) and its getting a little out of control. So I thought I'd take some time to congratulate D3 and Hibernum on their successes with this game. (Maybe I'll get another post from the devs icon_razz.gif)

#1 coalitions.
Overall, fantastic. A couple of unforesseable and unstoppable issues, but overall, the number 1 thing in the game right now. Unoriginal idea, but it works so well and it's is something the game would be far worse without. Congrats devs!

#2 new content. They are consistently releasing updates with more content and improvements and this is wonderful, they release a good amount of updates, a good amount of the time and they do try to make them as good as possible and they are so far doing as well as they can with updates. People can't expect an update a week. So far. Incredible. Congrats devs!

#3 community creation.
Honestly for regular players this could be #1. The community on slack and here on the forums is impressive. Sure there's alot of people who complain and nitpick. But there always will he, community creation is very difficult for a smaller game and the community for this one is great, coalitions added alot to it. Congrats devs!

I could list more but I'll let everyone else do that, let everyone know what is great about the game. I'd like to curb the negativity, it's a little overwhelming right now.
Overall I think the devs are doing well! A few poor choices, but they will get there, with knowing what they're doing right we can help them do more things well (since we're already so fond of pointing out every single flaw and making a giant issue of it.)

Comments

• shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm not here to have a dig at d3 (not today anyway icon_e_smile.gif ) but I have to add here that the creation of the community on Slack is down to the gargantuan efforts of one man: majincob. Thanks dude, you've made the game the experience it is today.
  • THEMAGICkMAN
    Options
    That's true, and credit to majincob. But we really should focus more on what they did right
  • majincob
    majincob Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    shteev wrote:
    I'm not here to have a dig at d3 (not today anyway icon_e_smile.gif ) but I have to add here that the creation of the community on Slack is down to the gargantuan efforts of one man: majincob. Thanks dude, you've made the game the experience it is today.
    Thanks shteev! I just want to point out that the only reason I did the community thing is that I really love this game and I can tell that D3Go and Hibernum listen to their community and care about making a great game.
  • EDHdad
    EDHdad Posts: 609 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm loving Quick Battle games which are actually quick. It's not unusual for a Quick Battle game these days to last 2.5 to 3 minutes, where 4-5 minutes used to be more the norm.

I would attribute this to various factors, such as faster animations, faster gem matching, better mana production, more efficient creatures, etc. The devs have made a lot of conscious decisions to speed up the game, and it's starting to pay off.
  • LeafHyren
    LeafHyren Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Options
    Ah Yes. There is something to be said about the backlash when something goes wrong. And that is that people care. It is a great game. If it was not, there wouldn't be nitpicking or players haha

I will add to the list the recent speed improvements. Thank you all for the continual iterations.

And if ever any comment gets to you guys hopefully there is a little voice of pride somewhere whispering "Hey, they care"
  • Sortash
    Sortash Posts: 15
    Options
    The improvement of speed definitely was a blessing. But still there are some effects that take too long (valor in akros or jace2 3rd ability still take tons of time). Maybe change the power-up-effect to something similiar like days undoing (how it fills the handcards with mana)

Hope they will implement ways of creating templates for different decks for the same PW. So you can try other builds but still can switch back to the old ones. Especially for certain events and story-challenges this would be usefull when aiming for certain objectives.

I also think the way how scores are calculated in quickmatches need revision. Right now its like "who plays the most wins the most". I really got a good win-ratio ... but no matter how hard i try ... i will never be able to reach the top 10 because its simply mad how much time some people are able to spend in this game. My best was top 30 when i really wasted a whole day grinding for runes. And there still where severeal 100 points difference to the top-players.
    I really like the concept in events where you get extra-points for reaching objectives. Maybe introduce a whide array of objectives that will allow for extra-scores in battles (life drained, creatures played, mana generated, clues aktivated and so on ... the possibilties are plentyful). So people could design decks to not only win fast but instead play decks that allow for much more points when beeing creative. But this would need a lot of thinking and balancing for sure ...

Never the less this game really got me in its fangs. Time flies by when grinding or trying new strategies. Best game i ever played on my smartphone. So please continue to improve this game and make it even greater icon_e_wink.gif
  • Rootbreaker
    Options
    Sortash wrote:
    I also think the way how scores are calculated in quickmatches need revision. Right now its like "who plays the most wins the most". I really got a good win-ratio ... but no matter how hard i try ... i will never be able to reach the top 10 because its simply mad how much time some people are able to spend in this game. My best was top 30 when i really wasted a whole day grinding for runes. And there still where severeal 100 points difference to the top-players. )
    If you try to join the last quick battle bracket on monday/wednesday/friday night, you can play for just a few hours as the event is ending. Then it isn't about who's playing the most, but about who's winning the fastest, if that's an axis you feel like you can compete on better.
  • Stormbringer0
    Stormbringer0 Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Sortash wrote:
    I also think the way how scores are calculated in quickmatches need revision. Right now its like "who plays the most wins the most". I really got a good win-ratio ... but no matter how hard i try ... i will never be able to reach the top 10 because its simply mad how much time some people are able to spend in this game. My best was top 30 when i really wasted a whole day grinding for runes. And there still where severeal 100 points difference to the top-players. )
    If you try to join the last quick battle bracket on monday/wednesday/friday night, you can play for just a few hours as the event is ending. Then it isn't about who's playing the most, but about who's winning the fastest, if that's an axis you feel like you can compete on better.

That's a lot harder in Europe since the QB seasons ending here at 4 am.
  • LakeStone
    LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
    Options
    Hi Everyone -

Thank you for the kind words here! We appreciate all the feedback we receive everyday as it helps us improve the game. We know that we are unable to address everyone's comments here in the forums and in the game but the entire team does read the comments we get here in the forums.

If there is anything we can do in the future, please let us know. We hope to meet many of you in the future at events and shows.

Thanks!
  • THEMAGICkMAN
    Options
    Hey another dev post! I must be popular. icon_razz.gif
  • angelzpanik
    Options
    Even with the issues I agree. It really is a fantastic, addictive game.

And grrrr I've yet to get an invite for slack!
  • THEMAGICkMAN
    Options
    Just pm majincob with your email asking him for an invite, that gets you in
  • angelzpanik
    Options
    Just pm majincob with your email asking him for an invite, that gets you in

Thank you!